PDA

View Full Version : New 4435's

Aussie Pete
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey Guys

Just taken delivery of my 4435's today and man am I happy, everything and more than I expected. These are the ones I picked up from a failed ebay auction advertised as Texas Bookshelf Loudspeakers, however 1 very interesting point, these had their foam surrounds replaced 2 years ago by a authorised JBL PA shop and had very little use since, but when I first connected them they sounded a bit ordinary and to be honest I started to get a bit worried, thinking that I may have been "done" in some way, played several snippets of music from several CD's comparing them to how I knew they should sound on the 4430's still disappointed..... well I reached for my Dennon technical set up CD and in particular the phasing test, then read up on JBL Polarity Conventions and reached for a trusty 1.5 Volt battery and you wouldn't believe it ...... when they had the LF transducers out they had connected 1 pair of LF transducers reverse phase .... couldn't believe it that they had done that and even worse I couldn't believe the owner didn't realise the difference .... anyway back to more listening, Linda Ronstadt and Nelson Riddle are calling me and I can ponder what to do with my 4430's now.

Audiobeer
11-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Man you got lucky! Congrats! :)

leif
11-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Congrats! I have never heard or seen the 4435`s. But one day I hope to get a pair myself.

I was also disappointed when I hooked up mine 4430`s. There were so little bass compared to what I expected. A little search, and I found that I had connected wrong on the terminals... LOL, I guess I was too much in a hurry to hook them up.

Leif

Rolf
11-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Happy listening:) and congratulations!:applaud:

Rolf

Lancer
11-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Just taken delivery of my 4435's today and man am I happy, everything and more than I expected.Nice! :)

What to do with my 4430's now.Why build a center channel 4435 of course! :p

JBLnsince1959
11-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Hey Guys

I can ponder what to do with my 4430's now.

Center ( using both) or rear speakers :applaud: