PDA

View Full Version : Sva 2100 Crossover

Valentin
04-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Does some know the crossover type in this model ..... bessel butterworth etc. i need it for a program CARA (computer aided room acustics)

i also need the order
any help

thanks

Valentin

Robh3606
04-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Post an email address and I will send you the schematic.

Rob:)

Valentin
04-29-2003, 06:34 AM
thanks rob i have the schematic but i do not know how to identify what type thy are if you know could you tel me the slope and type for Low pass and Hi pass

thanks again

Valentin
10-06-2004, 04:47 PM
any help :(

Earl K
10-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Valentin
Does some know the crossover type in this model ..... bessel butterworth,LR, etc.
None of the above.

This circuit is a very standard example of a circuit designer tossing away a simplistic rule book to deal with the realities of the "acoustic" response of the projects' transducers.

For instance: It appears the first pole ( series inductor ) of the LowPass circuit starts to filter (electrically) @ 400hz. And the second pole ( parallelled capacitor ) kicks in close to 600 hz . ( These values are applicable for an 8 ohm load . )

HiPass appears to start filtering (electrically) in the 4200hz area ( on an 8 ohm load )

i need it for a program CARA (computer aided room acustics)

(A) The problem with software packages that "we" can afford to buy is that they don't take into acount the "acoustic" response of the actual transducer being modelled. One can "surmise" that the acoustic response of those twin 10 inch drivers is not ruler flat. This circuit topology strongly implies a rising response starting at @ 400 hz .

(B) Horn Loading a tweeter only "loads" ( increasing the output ) in the tweeters' lower octaves. Again this crossover circuit takes that into account and starts an electrical high-pass @ 4200 hz . The horn flare will also add in its' flare cutoff. Overlay the electrical filter with the "acoustic response of a tweeter behind a horn" and the result will be as officially stated : a measured acoustical high pass in the area of @ 1200 hz. Actual slope rate around 1200 hz will be dictated by what is the frequency dependant Flare Rate of the horn .

i also need the order

ELECTRICALLY :
Low Pass: 2 Pole ( 12db/octave )
High Pass: 1 Pole ( 6db/octave )

ACOUSTICALLY :
Low Pass: ( 12 db/octave )
High Pass: ( probably 12 db/octave )

Maybe too much information :p of a disquieting sort :rolleyes:

<> Earl K:)

Valentin
10-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanks for your explanation