PDA

View Full Version : Some people...

sonofagun
10-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Seems some people on these forums obviously have too much time on their hands.

I think they think this is some kind of a scoring based game - the higher number of posts, the better?

Seems to enjoy criticizing anyone/everyone for any real or imagined "flaw" in their on-line work - especially ebay listings.

Hey, there are all kinds of people listing on ebay - just because they are beginners on "the Bay" or are unfamiliar with audio products is no reason to lambast their efforts.

Suggest finding a more productive way to spend ones time (and quit wasting others).

Sorry, but I felt like venting.

morbo!
10-30-2005, 02:45 AM
how do i win again?

alskinner
10-30-2005, 05:28 AM
Everyone of us started our interest in audio at some time. I was fortunate to be around people who took my lack of knowlege and gently corrected my misconceptions and gave me encouragement in the things I was trying to achieve. These types of people are called mentors.

This has lead me to be very considerate of others views and mistakes. I realize that some people will start and argument just to argue without any merit to their position, and are better off ignored.

Also with E-Bay there are many people who are not experts in JBL products and describe as best they can and there are others who are obviously bent on fraud. I would propose educating the first and exposing the latter.

Anyway, back to putting up the fence today

Regards
AL

Titanium Dome
10-30-2005, 06:35 AM
If you're venting because you're in a bad mood or had a rough day/night, then maybe it's all over now. OTOH, if there's something specific you're trying to communicate or if you have a real problem with someone, why not try a PM?

You can get both members and moderators through PMs, and it's easy to do. For example, if you click on my moniker, Titanium Dome, right there at the left of this post, you'd have instant access to PM me or to look at my profile and find my e-mail address or to get my IM handle, so you could contact me direct if you had an issue you wished to discuss.

Another thing you can do is put someone on your ignore list if you find his or her posts useless, pointless, offensive, or a waste of time. You can do that right in the member profile mentioned above. That way, you'll never see any posts from that individual, and you'll also not see how many posts they're racking up.

Additionally, you could just not read threads that appear to be in categories that bother you. If a poster is wasting your time, you ought to do one of these things; otherwise, you're wasting your own time by continuing to read him or her, and you bear the responsibility for continuing to do so. It's not realistic to blame others for the time you spend reading posts on the Internet.

Finally, to address the "Ad of the Day" opening post:

The ads I'm talking about are placed by honest or at least well-intentioned people who are out of their element 1) taking digital photos, 2) posting on the Internet, or 3) trying to generate excitement for their items. This is not an attempt to mock them, but it is an effort to spread their message and to enjoy them at the same time.

I'm certain that these ads get more views from potentially serious buyers from these forums than they would if left unremarked. Some forum members, myself included, take the time to delve deeper into the ads with the sellers and actually find an undiscovered gem now and then. Without the added exposure given here, some of these ads would be totally ignored. I've seen ads like these go through the eBay cycle twice with no bids whatsover, yet when one of us contacts them and recommends a better way, they almost always sell the next time with improved ads and realistic expectations.

Free links, more traffic, and increased sales are good for honest eBay sellers.

I believe you can correctly point out specific comments in many threads or by any individual (including me) that "lambast" inappropriately at some point or another. That happens when in a heated debate, when being a bit juvenile and having fun, or just in the course of an extended communication over the Internet.

duaneage
10-30-2005, 09:09 PM
I didn't realize we were not supposed to have fun anymore.

From now on only serious, technical posts.

I don't read some posts because they don't interest me. However I don't complain about their existance. The LHS forum is for our entertainment, not work. So let's be entertained. Unless your running a business here it all qualifies as fun.

in addition to the wonderfully entertaining Ad of the Day, we need a Scam of the day to compliment it, unless that insults the poor , newbe, 1st time con artists too much.

tomt
11-01-2005, 10:21 AM
duaneage

in addition to the wonderfully entertaining Ad of the Day, we need a Scam of the day to compliment it, unless that insults the poor , newbe, 1st time con artists too much
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````

i concur.

Lancer
11-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Sorry, but I felt like venting.Oh! Ok! :)
'cause I was going to have a blast ripping up one side of you and down the other before I read that. :coolness:
Hell, I was going to go for ban number two! :rotfl:
Venting is good. :p

boputnam
11-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Hell, I was going to go for ban number two! :rotfl:
Dammit, Lancer!! :bash:

Lancer
11-04-2005, 10:46 AM
You know I like it when you bash me with the hammer Bo...

boputnam
11-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Yea, and I like doing it.

Say, what are you wearing...?

:spchless:

morbo!
11-04-2005, 11:10 AM
nike running shoes?

Ian Mackenzie
11-04-2005, 12:09 PM
You know I like it when you bash me with the hammer Bo...

Okay Bikini wax him next time Bo...and we'll see another cool wav file..like last time....:applaud: .

Lancer
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Say, what are you wearing...?Right now?
Chain mail...
I could slip into something less comfortable if you want...

Lancer
11-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Okay Bikini wax him next time Bo...and we'll see another cool wav file..like last time....:applaud: . :rotfl:

boputnam
11-04-2005, 12:23 PM
... see another cool wav file... I had a feeling you could do that...

:banghead:

Now, you guys all butt out. This is MY date.

So, tell me about the chain mail... :yes:

Lancer
11-04-2005, 12:28 PM
So, tell me about the chain mail... :yes:She's wearing a rather decorative example...

boputnam
11-04-2005, 12:49 PM
She's wearing a rather decorative example...
OMG... :shock:

I can barely catch my breath...

But I DO love curry.

Ian Mackenzie
11-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Could be a bit prickly.

Ian Mackenzie
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
So when are you going for your next ban?, I only count (1).

Ian

Lancer
11-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Dunno... always looking for a reasonable opporunity though.
1 ban is pretty pathetic. :p

scott fitlin
11-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Dunno... always looking for a reasonable opporunity though.
1 ban is pretty pathetic. :pWhats an " Opporunity "?

:)

Lancer
11-05-2005, 12:01 PM
I think it's opportunity with a 't' missing :D

Titanium Dome
11-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Whats an " Opporunity "?

:)

The Oppors are a poor, marginalized group of loosely related tribes in the Balkans who for centuries have avoided their destiny to rule the Balkans with an iron fist. The problem that has always plagued them is a native mistrust of each other that causes unrelenting internecine conflict.

The hope of the Oppors, however, remains strong for eventual Balkan domination, due to the words of their greatest sage and prophet, the Divine Recnal, ca, 1302, who predicted the rise of the Oppor nation when the opporunity was right.

:blink: :blink:

Now, Sonofagun, THAT's the result of too much time on my hands.

Seems some people on these forums obviously have too much time on their hands.

scott fitlin
11-05-2005, 07:01 PM
The Oppors are a poor, marginalized group of loosely related tribes in the Balkans who for centuries have avoided their destiny to rule the Balkans with an iron fist. The problem that has always plagued them is a native mistrust of each other that causes unrelenting internecine conflict.

The hope of the Oppors, however, remains strong for eventual Balkan domination, due to the words of their greatest sage and prophet, the Divine Recnal, ca, 1302, who predicted the rise of the Oppor nation when the opporunity was right.

:blink: :blink:

Now, Sonofagun, THAT's the result of too much time on my hands.The Oppors? These are the same Oppors that lived in the Alnico forests, and couldnt bear to leave and cross the Ferrite dessert into modern civilization?

I think I remember reading about them in history class years ago!

;)

Maron Horonzakz
11-06-2005, 09:11 AM
I think my grandfather broke a fang on that bra.:biting:

sonofagun
11-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Are there any padlocks somewheres?

scott fitlin
11-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Are there any padlocks somewheres?Yes, there are padlocks somewhere! Probably in your local hardware store!

:D

johnaec
11-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Are there any padlocks somewheres?I thought they were called chastity belts...:duck:

John