PDA

View Full Version : A better L112 ??

mbottz
10-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I purchased a very nice set of L-112's about a year ago and have never been quite satisfied with the sound. IMO they sounded kind of Tinny, shallow and lacked depth. So I sold all the guts and replaced the drivers with components of an L65, including crossover. I think it made a world of difference. When I A-B compare them to my L-300's they are very similar. Good dispersion, good sounding mids, except they could use a bit more bass.

My question is, to one of the cabinet tuning experts out there is, could I benefit by changing the port size or port depth for the installed driver? Or should I search for a different LF driver?

Also Do you think the new 112 config would benefit from an LE-85 horn as a midrange?

I power these with a 250 watt Pioneer Spec 2 & Spec 1 preamp with a Technics Sl-p1300 professional CD player.

Thanks for any help you can give. Here is a pic of them setting next to my 300's

Thanks

Mike

Zilch
10-27-2005, 06:38 PM
We need cabinet interior dimensions, driver model #, and present port dimensions, i.e., diameter and depth....

mbottz
10-27-2005, 07:08 PM
It may be optomistic to expect L300 bass from the current cabinet config, but I would like to see if it is possible to get a bit more from tuning.

Interior cabinet dimensions are 23"H X 12.75 "W X 10"D Port 3" dia 6" deep.

I think the driver is the 126A

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

pelly3s
10-27-2005, 07:27 PM
well it looks pretty cool

Robh3606
10-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Your going to have a problem simply because you dropped the 126 into a smaller box than you started with. As far as I know there are no published T/S paramaters for that woofer. If you are near someone with a Woofer Tester 2 you could measure them to get the T/S. You need the measurements to be able to model the drivers in a box program to see what you can do with the volume you have.

Techbot to the rescue?? Anyone have the TS on a 126A???

Rob:)