PDA

View Full Version : JBL L46

bigyank
10-27-2005, 06:10 AM
I just got a pair of these off Ebay. Figured they will make a decent office speaker. Supposedly they are rough but working. This is a pic from the auction and I figure, what the heck, 13.00 per speaker. I will most likely pic them up tomorrow.

Yank

soundmotor
10-27-2005, 09:00 AM
I just got a pair of these off Ebay. Figured they will make a decent office speaker. Supposedly they are rough but working. This is a pic from the auction and I figure, what the heck, 13.00 per speaker. I will most likely pic them up tomorrow.

Yank

I almost bid on them as they contained the woofers & tweeters, albeit, blown.

Still, neat cabs.

jay
10-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Nice score, Bigyank! I sure like the looks and sound of mine. I'm using them in a bedrom system with a Mac amp that has a dark, low-end heavy sound, so it reinforces the limited bass nicely.

I've found that one of the strong points of the 46's is that they're uncommonly articulate. Sounds that tend to be 'masked' such as spoken words and recording studio echoes are easy heard.

My only gripe is that the cabinets are a tad big compared to some 8 inchers, but that's what comes with a bass reflex design, I suppose.

bigyank
10-27-2005, 10:14 AM
I almost let them go but found the statement:

"The owner indicated the speakers are blown however we hooked the speakers up to a radio in the store and they sounded pretty good, the tweeters are not blown the subs maybe blown with high volumn and added bass but we did not verify that. We are stating the speakers maybe blown based on what the seller told us."

Figured, what the heck give it a shot.

Yank

Fred Sanford
10-27-2005, 10:44 AM
I was going to bid on them as well, since I have 4 of them that look & work well, that would have nicely rounded out a surround system. Good luck with them, if they work well right out of the box do us a favor and don't tell us we passed on a bargain, OK? :o:

Good work,

je

Lightbearer
10-29-2005, 10:37 AM
I have a pair of those and earlyer I was very happy with them.. But now both of the woofers donīt seem to be working. Do you have any ideas what might be the problem(they seem to be in good condition, not torned or anything). If I have to replace the woofers do you guys know where one can get a pair of them or how to have them fixed...I actually donīt want to throw them away as they are excellent mixer monitors,neutral and precise..

bigyank
11-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Got the speakers today and I need new surrounds at the very least. Cabinetry is prime time with only a light scratch or two.

http://home.comcast.net/~jklorenzon/jbl.html

Lousy digital camera but this is right out of the packaging. Both grills have their badges, the tweeters work. I opened a thread in Technical as I have decided to make these a project for myself to tackle!

Yank

soundmotor
11-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Got the speakers today and I need new surrounds at the very least. Cabinetry is prime time with only a light scratch or two.

http://home.comcast.net/~jklorenzon/jbl.html

Lousy digital camera but this is right out of the packaging. Both grills have their badges, the tweeters work. I opened a thread in Technical as I have decided to make these a project for myself to tackle!

Yank

Way to go!

I shoulda bid & coulda been a contenda!

;)

Fred Sanford
11-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Hating you. Best of luck with 'em, you took the leap and it'll pay off.

je