PDA

View Full Version : Wall Mount or stands

Valentin
10-26-2005, 03:27 PM
May be there is an explanation for what i am about to explain

I have a pair of LSR 6332 and a LSR6312sub

i recently changed from a apartment to a new house and was planning to use wall mount for the speakers (omni mount 60.0) I bought them and when installed I noticed that the bass was kind of moody

The 6332 are crossed over by the 6312 sub

After playing around with the subwoofer got to optimum performance but still the bass was not satisfied

I know that by having the speakers to close there is a bass increment but in the measurements made it did not look that way

So after a couple of weeks I decided to put the main speakers on stands and voila every thing got titer again (the speakers are at the same distance from the front wall)

Any comments on way this could happen

duaneage
10-26-2005, 08:41 PM
The walls were probably flexible and created bass of their own. Wall mounting is OK for surround speakers which do not handle bass much, but full size speakers work best on hard surfaces.

Valentin
10-27-2005, 08:00 AM
my walls are brick and concret plaster the floor solid wood

way do they work better on stands

thanks

Robh3606
10-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Don't they have boundry compensation????

Rob:)

Valentin
10-27-2005, 09:06 AM
the sub does but the main dont

i am using it in the sub

Robh3606
10-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Sounds like you are getting some upper bass emphasis that is muddying things up. It doesn't take all that much for it to sound muddy just a Db or 2 depending on how broad the emphasized range is. You closer to the ceiling on the wall mounts or are they at the same height as the stands?? Are the wall mounts 1/2 or 1/4 of the wall height??? Might have a room mode you are exciting??? It could be physical position not just Stand vs. Wall mount or a combination of both.

Rob:)

Valentin
10-27-2005, 09:35 AM
you may be right on the stands thy are closer to the ground

my ceiling is 275cm high on the mount the center of the woofer is around 90 cm
and on the stand about 70cm