View Full Version : 375 to 2390

09-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Is there supposed to be a gasket,,cork?,,between the 375 driver and the 2390 horn or is it just metal to metal contact? Thanks,

09-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Yes there normally is a gasket. Just go to the hardware store and by some gasket paper and make one. You can also order one from JBL Pro

09-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Thank you, that was helpful.

09-13-2003, 12:22 AM
« Gasket paper » :

I don’t understand what kind of gasket is made of paper and is usable for this scope of application.:confused:

Can you give me an example of use .


09-13-2003, 06:23 AM
Hear you go. All you need is a soft buffer material and an airtight seal. You can use paper cork or what have you. The gaskets on my adapters are paper from JBL.


Just do a search on gasket paper. You can get sheets of it in various thickness depending on the application. An automotive supply store will have it too.


Alex Lancaster
09-13-2003, 07:09 AM
And if You get real lazy, like me, smear a thin coat of caulking compound out of a tube: rubber, acrylic or anything but silicone as the latter gives out acetic acid (vinegar), which corrodes, make sure it does not stick out at the inside of the joint.