PDA

View Full Version : Restoration JBL 4343

Bin
10-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Greetings to all,

Beforehand I apologize for bad English. Recently I managed to buy JBL 4343, but they look rather strange. The case of black color and the speaker 2121 has the convex form. These 4343 not so well contained and now I should restore them completely. I have found the circuit crossover 3143, but on it is not specified to what plugs speakers wires are connected. At disassembly appeared that the green - black wire is connected to the red plug dynamics(changes) of a bass, and simply green to the black plug. Also, it seems to me, connection of the speaker 2121 is mixed also. How should be actually? There can be who that will give the circuit of connection? The circuit how to lay out soundproofing material also is necessary. And still I want to buy a fabric for making grill, however grill was not present also to me their circuit with the sizes is necessary.:-)
I shall be grateful for any help, Sergey.

Ian Mackenzie
10-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Greetings to all,

Beforehand I apologize for bad English. Recently I managed to buy JBL 4343, but they look rather strange. The case of black color and the speaker 2121 has the convex form. These 4343 not so well contained and now I should restore them completely. I have found the circuit crossover 3143, but on it is not specified to what plugs speakers wires are connected. At disassembly appeared that the green - black wire is connected to the red plug dynamics(changes) of a bass, and simply green to the black plug. Also, it seems to me, connection of the speaker 2121 is mixed also. How should be actually? There can be who that will give the circuit of connection? The circuit how to lay out soundproofing material also is necessary. And still I want to buy a fabric for making grill, however grill was not present also to me their circuit with the sizes is necessary.:-)
I shall be grateful for any help, Sergey.

For expert if not long winded advice go here and buy a ream of paper:http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1388