PDA

View Full Version : LX2-1 questions

Phil H
10-21-2005, 05:57 PM
The high frequency went out on one LE14-C. When I twisted the adj. on the crossover back and forth, the mid range came back on. I really don't know much. So, I was looking for advice on the best way to proceed. I could get some contact cleaner and try cleaning everything. But, I am wondering if it is time to do more. I haven't opened it to look inside. But I found the schematic here and it looks fairly simple.

soundmotor
10-21-2005, 06:11 PM
The high frequency went out on one LE14-C. When I twisted the adj. on the crossover back and forth, the mid range came back on. I really don't know much. So, I was looking for advice on the best way to proceed. I could get some contact cleaner and try cleaning everything. But, I am wondering if it is time to do more. I haven't opened it to look inside. But I found the schematic here and it looks fairly simple.

Cleaning the contacts seems like a good place to start. I've only had an LX4-2 apart but it did not present much of a challenge. 4 screws, remove the cover, remove the foam rubber holding things in there, & "Viola!" you can see the switch deck.

toddalin
10-21-2005, 06:42 PM

Did you get the woofers refoamed??? Do they sound as nice as they looked???:applaud:

Phil H
10-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Soundmotor

Thanks for the information. That's I was thinking. I just did not know if it was time to replace the capacitor and if I'd be better off replacing the potentiometer. And, if it is time, where is a good source for parts.

Toddlin,
I've been meaning to email to let you know how happy I am with the speakers. On my way home, I dropped the drivers off to be re-foamed. One of these days, I'd like to try replacing surrounds; I just did not want to learn on these.