PDA

View Full Version : Need a good shipping company

SteveL300
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Does anybody know a good shipping company that can box up a pair of L300 cabinets and ship them from California to Texas?

Audiobeer
10-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Shippers and craters. They are on the net but expensive! Your looking at $800! If you are able to fabricate your ownd crates using 2X3s on a pallet with 3/8" plywood and 1" foam on the interior......you could get it there for $250 with materials not counting your own labor to fabricate!

majick47
10-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Steve I'm working on the same project right now and one shipping company you can contact is Alliance Air Freight (800-684-6359), ask for Torri. His price is a lot more reasonable than Shippers and Craters but he does not do the crating. Suggest you do a Google search for local companies that do crating and shipping/crating, that may be the the least expensive option. A rough estimate on a price to crate large speakers would be $200+/-. Your best bet is a local company that doesn't have to travel a long distance. As Audiobeer suggested you can build the crates yourself but the crate must be as good as a pro or your speakers will be damaged. "riessen" did an excellent post on building crates, do a search for his post and you will find other info members have contributed re this subject.

sonofagun
10-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Greyhound ships large packages very cheaply and fast! Sent a big box of chairs recently to NY - only cost $60 and was there overnight!

sonofagun
10-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Hey, wait a minute!

Are you the shipper or the recipient?

:blink:

I have considered offering a packaging/shipping service recently - perhaps you could be my first customer.

Knock, knock. Where'd he go?