PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio audio meet pics

Wardsweb
10-08-2005, 07:12 PM
I have put up some pictures from the Lone Star Bottleheads audio meet held today at my house. It was a great day, the weather was beautiful and everyone had a good time. There was an eclectic mix of gear and speakers. Amps from $150 to $4000 and speakers like Altec, JBL, and even DIY using JBL drivers.

http://www.wardsweb.org/LSB/10_08_05/sa.html

Titanium Dome
10-08-2005, 07:30 PM
How did the neighbors like it? ;)

Ian Mackenzie
10-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Very nice,

Looks like you had a great time!:)

I must build a valve preamp some day.

We need to see more pics like this.

Mr. Widget
10-09-2005, 12:29 AM
So how did that little $150 job do? I hope that's a kit price.

Yeah, this backyard listening thing seems to be a trend. Doubt the folks in Winnipeg will be able to try it before May.:D

Widget

John
10-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Well It is supposed to hit 60F. today? :applaud: I would think that is comparable to san fran with the wind coming off the bay?:D

Wardsweb
10-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Yes things just seemed to fall into place for this event. Two weeks ago it was 105 in San Antonio, my home remodel was only about halfway done and my wife had a job. It looked bleak indeed. Well, the day before the meet, the weather changed as a northern blew in and dropped the temp to the 50's. Also the day before, the french doors came in, so my contractor worked to 7pm to get them in while I took the day off and put down the new floor. Then on Monday of that week, my wife was laid off after 30 years. I guess two out of three isn't bad. :o:

As for the Yarland amp, it was actually pretty nice. I think it's 35 watts and did very well pushing the L26's, L40's and the full range walnut horns. It would be a great way for someone to get into tubes.

scott fitlin
10-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Dark Side of the Moon, right at the front of the pile, right hand stack of records in your living room.

Thats for the listening experience!

All those tubes, wish I could have been there.

Wardsweb
10-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Dark Side of the Moon, right at the front of the pile, right hand stack of records in your living room.

Thats for the listening experience!

All those tubes, wish I could have been there.

That is the EMI 30th anniversary edition made in Holland. Moving left we have Dave Brubeck - Time Out, Super Tramp - Breakfast in America and Nora Jones - Come Away With Me. Real eclectic mix of vinyl at my place; classical, jazz, blues, rock, etc...

Ken Pachkowsky
10-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Would have loved to be there. I would like to hear more about the overall impressions of the equipment that was AB'd. That little tube amp looks interesting.

Ken