PDA

View Full Version : 2426H diaphram change to 275nd

Bernard Wolf
09-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi everybody

A few of you may recall that a while ago I bought at auction one (1) 275nd driver complete and one (1) 275 diaphram. These were purchased with th goal of one day upgrading my S/3100 to a MKII model, which uses the 275nd in place of the original 2426H. Now, as it might take some time to find another complete 275nd, I am left with the tempting possibility of swapping out the diaphrams in the 2426 for the aquaplased 275. This would be a fun thing to try, and even though there may be difference in sensitivity I do have the option to bi-amp to get around this problem. It would be every interesting though,to see (hear) if there is much of a difference between the 2 diaphrams without going all the way to the complete drivers (275nd) which are quite a bit different than the 2426H. It would be good to know which part makes the biggest difference, no ?

My question is this :

Is there something special I should know about taking out and installing the diaphrams? I had once read somewere here that they need to be installed with an oscilliscope. Does anyone know if that is correct and is there anything else I should be aware of?

Any information would be much appreciated before I go and kill my speakers....:blink:..... that would not be a good thing as I rely on them constantly to curl up and relax with..:o:

Thanks - Bernard