Titanium Dome
09-21-2005, 11:32 AM
How about some details:

Where?

How much?

Do you need to sell the Westlakes now?

mech986
09-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Ken, real quick, since I have a meeting.

You bought these from SMCSOO, a friend of mine in Buena Park, right? Nice units, I saw them a few weeks back while he had the woofers out to OC speaker for refoaming. I notice the auction was ended prematurely, did you negotiate a "special" price?

The cabs and everything else looked pretty good and he's a very reliable guy, very nice, unassuming. But when you get over to him to pick them up (if that is what you will do), let me know what you thnk of his garage stash of stuff. He's the 6th or 7th person with a garage full of stuff that I have come to know.

BTW, my L300's also came from him almost a decade ago.

Regards,

Bart

Ken Pachkowsky
09-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Yes, thats who I got them from.

I paid 1800.00 with no intension of keeping them for more than a couple of months. We have to stage the house to sell it and the Westies are far to large. I will use these till the end of November and then sell them for what I paid if anyone is interested?

Ken

stevem
09-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Yes, thats who I got them from.

I paid 1800.00 with no intension of keeping them for more than a couple of months. We have to stage the house to sell it and the Westies are far to large. I will use these till the end of November and then sell them for what I paid if anyone is interested?

Ken

$1800.00?? Outrageous!! Why, I only paid $1600.00 for a brand new pair! But that was in 1976!:D Enjoy them!

majick47
09-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Ken I sent a PM.

Ken Pachkowsky
09-21-2005, 04:19 PM
These be gone boys...

Ken

mech986
09-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Hi again Ken and Majick,

With a forum like this, who needs ebay?!? Glad that Ken will have a nice set of L300's to show off (House Buyer "Are you sure the speakers don't come with the house? :hmm: ") his exquisite audio and decorating taste and Majick will have some fun stuff for Christmas, if not Thanksgiving! :applaud:

I congratulate both of you and hope you will enjoy them. That's what JBL's are all about, isn't it?

Regards,

Bart

Steve Schell
09-24-2005, 12:54 AM
I did some business once with Sammy in Buena Park- terrific guy. I won his auction for an Altec 603 Diacone 15" speaker, RWB label, serial #15. He delivered it to my house, still attached to a small black baffle board. After he left I noticed the initials "JBL" in pencil on the board. I checked against other Jim Lansing signatures and yup, the initials appeared to be the real thing. I called Sammy to see if he had access to the cabinet the speaker came out of. He said yes, retrieved it, brought it to me, and wouldn't accept a dime for his efforts.

SMCSOO on ebay is the absolute best!

trueview
09-24-2005, 09:54 AM
not to mention he has unbelievable stuff for sale at times...

I've been watching his auctions for a long time...

just can't ever afford any of it...nice pick-up Ken

Ken Pachkowsky
09-26-2005, 06:44 PM
These are in great shape. Very little damage on the edges. The few slight chips will be easy to fill and hide. The base's needs a little fill here and there but once again not much. All in all I would rate these a 9-10 for condition. The backs are pristine. Hooked them up briefly and noticed the pots need a good cleaning and workout. The drivers are all flawless. The grills frames are perfect although the cloth is looking worn.

We are both going to be happy with this purchase.

Here are some photos of one cab. They do need a good cleaning and oiling.

Ken

majick47
11-11-2005, 09:36 PM
As of today Kens L300 are residing in Pembroke MA. The speakers are even better than he described with all components functioning flawlessly and they sound/look beautiful. Dealing with my fellow LH member Ken was a pleasure and everything re the transaction went perfectly even with us being 3,000 miles apart. I doubt I would of had the same confidence in the seller/item if this had been an Ebay auction. Can't wait to get home from work and fire up the L300.

morbo!
11-11-2005, 09:43 PM
i wanna be insane too:(

mech986
11-12-2005, 12:47 AM
WOO-HOO!!! :applaud: :applaud: :bouncy: :bouncy: West Coast, meet East Coast. May you make beautiful music together and keep the house warm during the winter!

Turn it up so we can hear it!

Best Regards,

Bart

Ken Pachkowsky
11-12-2005, 12:50 AM
As of today Kens L300 are residing in Pembroke MA. The speakers are even better than he described with all components functioning flawlessly and they sound/look beautiful. Dealing with my fellow LH member Ken was a pleasure and everything re the transaction went perfectly even with us being 3,000 miles apart. I doubt I would of had the same confidence in the seller/item if this had been an Ebay auction. Can't wait to get home from work and fire up the L300.

Heh, thanks for the kind words. it was nice they went to a forumite and I am glad you are happy with them. I was amazed at the condition as well. Little touch ups here and there and they will be almost like new.

Was a pleasure.....enjoy them.

Ken

majick47
11-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Can't say enough good things about Ken and the L300 from sunny/warm CA. I had to tear myself away from listening to them today and head out to work. Also just want to make very clear that you can depend on fellow LH members like Ken when it comes to purchasing an item here at LH or winning a bid on Ebay. Ken knows JBL speakers/components and associated audio equipment inside/out and you will never regret making winning the bid or purchase. With so little JBL equipment to be found in New England it's a blessing we have our fellow LH West Coast members that will share the JBL speakers/components with us. I'll be be warming the L300 with plenty of Yamaha watts on these chilly nights in New England.

Ken Pachkowsky
11-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Ken knows JBL speakers/components and associated audio equipment inside/out and you will never regret making winning the bid or purchase.

Well, I can give you plenty of examples of not knowing my butt from a hole in the ground...(and so can others who may not remain nameless:bouncy: ) but thanks for the kind words. I am happy you like them and they arived in good condition. Another pair saved by the "lets part them out types".

Now lets hope jbljfan gets his amps ok.

Ken