PDA

View Full Version : L150 Repair?

PWilander
09-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I have a pair of L150's that need repairing. The cones have dry rotted, etc. Can anyone tell me a reputable repair shop within driving distance of Western Massachusetts? Any idea of costs for rebuilding?

PWilander

Zilch
09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Go to the JBL Pro website and wade through to the authorized service centers.

johnaec
09-20-2005, 11:30 AM
The cones have dry rotted, etc.The cones themselves have rotted, or is it just the foam surrounds? If it's just the foam surrounds they can usually be replaced fairly easily. Many repair shops do this - just be sure they do it correctly, with the foam glued to the *inside* of the cones. Many places take the easy shortcut of incorrectly gluing it to the outside of the cones, which greatly decreases any future resale value.

John

pelly3s
09-20-2005, 03:32 PM
i believe i may have spoke with you on the phone today about these speakers. Feel free to bring them by and I will go through them completely for you

Regis
09-20-2005, 03:37 PM
The cones themselves have rotted, or is it just the foam surrounds? If it's just the foam surrounds they can usually be replaced fairly easily. Many repair shops do this - just be sure they do it correctly, with the foam glued to the *inside* of the cones. Many places take the easy shortcut of incorrectly gluing it to the outside of the cones, which greatly decreases any future resale value.

John

Great advice as we've seen all too often the foam glued to the wrong side and while we know the 'inside' and the 'outside', for an outsider or someone new, it might be better to refer to it as the backside and the frontside, thus

Many repair shops do this - just be sure they do it correctly, with the foam glued to the *backside* of the cones. Many places take the easy shortcut of incorrectly gluing it to the frontside of the cones, which greatly decreases any future resale value. Hope this correction is ok with you.