PDA

View Full Version : Forum Access Problems

Don McRitchie
09-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Has anyone experienced an access error to the site over the past few days stating that there are too many connections to forum database? My mailbox is automatically notified if such an error occurs. For the past three days, I have been getting around 100 of these error notices a day. What is strange, is that they are all for a very brief period of time - usually a 2 to 5 minute timespan. Every time I become aware of these messages, I immediately check the site. So far, everything has been fine once I get there. I get no error messages and have no problem accessing the site.

If you do experience this error, please note the number of people on line once you are able to get back in. This is listed as "Currently Active Users" on the main forum page. I am trying to determine if this is caused by too many people accessing the forum at once, or if there is another explanation.

Don C
09-04-2003, 08:53 AM
I have never had a problem, and I check in at least once a day.

boputnam
09-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Don McRitchie
Has anyone experienced an access error to the site over the past few days stating that there are too many connections to forum database? Yes, my friend, many times, and accelerating.

Every time I become aware of these messages, I immediately check the site. So far, everything has been fine once I get there. I get no error messages and have no problem accessing the site. My grab is that's because by the time you are notified, and check-in, enough users are bumped so there no longer is a problem. We're right at the margin...

In my experience, this occurs on refresh (F5 on PC's), or posting / editing. There is no work-around. I must wait for someone else to get bumped before there are sufficient "slots" to allow access.

Hey, man - popularity is a wonderful drug... :cheers:

4313B
09-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Yes, a few times. I notice there are usually 11+ users on at the time.