PDA

View Full Version : "J" Series?

analogman
09-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Hello,
Could someone tell or direct me to information regarding the "J" series, please. I came across a single J2045 but it isn't familiar. Fairly heavy for it's size, non-removeable grille, so I can't look at the drivers. Anything to this? Is it in line with L20 quality, or is it crap?
With regards and thanks,
Analogman

Earl K
09-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi

Click this posted link (http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54231&postcount=14) and you'll find urls to download a bunch of the "J series" tech sheets . ( the 2045 isn't present )

- You can see that typically, the grilles are removable.
- The components are listed ( many of the woofers are "50x" series #s ) .
- You can scour eBay sales using these numbers as a cross references to get an idea about the relative desirability of the parts.
- Do a site search using these same parts numbers to see if they have any value to anyone here .

Thats about all I know :)

johnaec
09-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Is it in line with L20 quality, or is it crap?If you're talking L20"T" series, the "J" series is definitely a few steps down - 'just generic consumer stuff. It's still better than a lot of other consumer stuff, though. The drivers are mostly stamped steel frame.

I have a pair of J320A's I got at a yard sale several years ago for about $40, (currently on loan to a friend), and they do sound pretty good for the price, (at least "used" price). I was actually pleasantly surprised to find the crossovers included bypass caps from the factory. But I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to get any.

John