PDA

View Full Version : 4315a crossover help

macaroonie
09-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi chums. after a long slog I have managed to reassemble my 3114a networks. some of you may recall I had bother with component ID specifically inductor no,s. This is now resolved and the networks are back in one piece however my problem is this. What are the component phasing arrangements. the reason I ask is that the latest issue schematic available (3-76) is hand written and does not include driver terminal details. I suspect that the 2405 is supposed to be hooked up in reverse phase as it seems to be in other similar networks but what of the bass mid (2208). the cable ID shows black and white as the +ve and white as -ve. This is contrary to other sections in this and other networks unless this driver is reversed also. anyone out there got chapter and verse on this one. cheers from bonnie Scotland I will post the component ID's to anyone in need of such

Zilch
09-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Black wire will go to black terminal on the driver.

The phase reversal, if required, is done in the wiring of the network, as you have discovered....

johnaec
09-04-2005, 06:36 PM
I'll take a look at my 4315A's later this week to see how they're hooked up, unless it's clear to you now.

John

macaroonie
09-05-2005, 03:32 AM
ok guys the fog is lifting. as I see it bass is in phase mid bass reverse hf in phase uhf reverse. my schematic has no color id for the uhf so you can understand my fuzzy headedness. can anyone concur. thanks for your help