PDA

View Full Version : Bullet tweeter angles

Tom Loizeaux
08-28-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm building some "tweeter packs" using a pair of 2402s in each box. I want to fold the baffle in, forming a soft V, so the bullets cross and spread the coverage out horizontally. I'm putting these on top of some 4-12 columns for a small reinforcement set up.
My question is: What is the best angle to angle these bullets to increase the angle of coverage to each side while also achieveing good coverage at a distance? Since the angle of coverage for the bullets is 40 degrees conical, what would be the best toe-in angle to produce the best coverage.
Anyone have any experience or special knowledge about this calculation?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

edgewound
08-29-2005, 12:10 AM
You don't want to toe-in...you'll cause cross-cancellations and kill any distant coverage....toe them out...setting the conical coverage angle back to back for 80 deg coverage

Tom Loizeaux
08-29-2005, 07:47 PM
I read your reply this morning and, after realizing that you may very well be right, went down to my shop and installed my slant baffles to other way round...with the peak pointing out.
That's what's so great about this Forum - members offering information to others that save time and effort.
Thanks for your help!

Tom

edgewound
08-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Hey Tom...

Thanks for the nice reply, and you're very welcome. I learned that a long time ago when a fellow musician had a 6x10" guitar cabinet that cross-fired the drivers....just died in front....no projection....cancellations...but good for miking the cabinet through the PA.