PDA

View Full Version : JBL 4312A crossover?

Sparky
08-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Do any 4312A owners out there know how to remove the crossover network? I want to replace some caps, but I'm having a hard time getting the crossover out. I've even tried using a mirror to see way up in the corner, but to no avail. I can't find any screws or other fasteners up there.

Thanks in advance!
Sparky

Alan Fletcher
08-24-2005, 02:03 AM
If I remember correctly, you have to remove the foilcal on the front of the speaker. There are screws located underneath the foilcal.

-A

Sparky
08-24-2005, 06:46 AM
I was afraid someone was going to say that. I can't see how I can remove it without doing irreparable damage, though.

Any other options? Anyone?

Lancer
08-24-2005, 07:08 AM
I'd use something highly flammable to remove it Sparky...

edgewound
08-24-2005, 09:28 AM
I'd use something highly flammable to remove it Sparky...

Use a heat gun, or a blowdryer will work, to soften up the adhesive...then carefully work a thin, wide blade putty knife under the label to lift it up. Just go slow and easy so as not to damage the label. Another way is loosen the adhesive with a penetrant like WD-40 or an orange-based remover and work it off, then clean off the penetrant with rubbing alcohol and use a spray glue (3M Super 90) to reattach.

Hope this helps....good luck.

Sparky
08-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll probably try the blowdryer method and keep my fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Sparky