PDA

View Full Version : Black JBL Glue

Alan Fletcher
08-10-2005, 02:55 PM
A while ago I posted about a rattling LE14A. Well, now that I have the speakers at home and have had the ability to put them through their paces, I have found the problem. Aparently the reconer did not use enough black adhesive at the coil to contact points. There is a visible gap between the Aquaplas on the cone and the glue joint where the voice coil leads penetrate the cone, causing a rattle when the cone vibrates at certain frequencies.

Rather than make a messy repair with some other type of adhesive, I was wondering if someone could supply me with the correct adhesive. Pelly3s?

Also, what is the consistency of this stuff when uncured? Could I put it in a syringe and inject it underneath the gap?

Thanks,
-Alan

porschedpm
08-11-2005, 02:20 AM
Is this the stuff?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-recone-glue-dutch-NR_W0QQitemZ7342787504QQcategoryZ47093QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Alan Fletcher
08-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Yep, that's the stuff alright. If the guy had a buy it now I would snap it up. Who knows how high it will go with that amount of time remaining. Hell, I only need a few drops...

-A

pelly3s
08-11-2005, 05:33 AM
I have some tubes of it laying around at the shop. let me check out what i can do for you today. Well at least i will try really hard to remember lol

Alan Fletcher
08-11-2005, 05:43 AM
Thanks, bro. You're the greatest! :applaud:

I assume you have internet access at the shop. I'll send you a PM with my cell number.

I really appreciate it!

-A