PDA

View Full Version : What's the dif between 4411 & 4412?

Akira
08-02-2005, 10:49 AM
the score: 8 years ago i picked up a pair of 4411's for an even trade for a cheap mini digital reverb, value $150. i never played them since i have ample pro monitors setup that i used daily. tried them the other day and was quite pleased with the sound...hate the 044 HF; it sounds like metalic springs on the cymbals, hi-hat. the LE5-9 sounded fine but the cheap ceramic construction is an embarassment for JBL.

so what's the difference between this and the final evolution (i hope) of the JBL 4412?

JBLnsince1959
08-02-2005, 02:04 PM
the final evolution (i hope) of the JBL 4412?

the latest version is the 4412A. You can go out to jblpro.com,

then click on products, the newest stuff is under Recording/Broadcast and the 4412 and 4411 is under Vintage Products....

what are you putting into those puppies?

DavidF
08-02-2005, 02:19 PM
...hate the 044 HF; it sounds like metalic springs on the cymbals, hi-hat.

I wonder about that, I use the 044 often and do not get that hashy-splashy response. Wonder if the age or nonuse had an effect.

.....the LE5-9 sounded fine but the cheap ceramic construction is an embarassment for JBL...

Don't follow on the cheap ceramic construction. You mean the frame? Should be metal.

DavidF

JBLnsince1959
08-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Don't follow on the cheap ceramic construction. You mean the frame? Should be metal.

DavidF

I'm not following that either......

Zilch
08-02-2005, 05:29 PM
The metallic springs are called "snares." :D

Robh3606
08-02-2005, 05:31 PM
The metallic springs are called "snares."

Smarty!

Rob:bouncy:

Akira
08-03-2005, 06:54 AM
what are you putting into those puppies?
Bryston 4B

of course the magnet, frame is metal but, why did they refer to the post alnico era as ceramic? i never understood that and just took it for granted, using it as a generic term for what was then, a new series of drivers.
maybe i'm missing something basic here.
i guess what bugs me here is that, 'die cast signature look' that represented class and quality was replaced with, what looks like a cheap generic off shore driver. but, as one article said in the alnico/ferite debate, "you can engineer in the difference" i have to say that i like the sound of the LE5-9
i guess what i really wanted to know was, anybody have experience with the 4411/12 series? much of a sonic difference? construction? just a lazy fix for information, since i own one of them. reading never told me how something sounds, but after you've heard it, it makes a lot of sense.