PDA

View Full Version : Hi - are "what are these" threads allowed?

axtogrind
07-30-2005, 05:27 PM
I'd love to post some pics if anyone could help me look up what my Altec Lansing speakers are: model, specs, etc. I've enjoyed looking through the catalogs, and have searched the forums, but I'm afraid that the speakers have little information that helps me narrow the search.

TIA,
Keith

louped garouv
07-30-2005, 05:30 PM
who,s ready for another round of "Stump the Masters"? (myself not included in the 'master' catergory... :o: )

we highly encourage photo posting.... :D

Oh BTW -- Welcome!

Zilch
07-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Heh. We like those kinda posts BEST, actually! :D

Stump the forum!

[Rarely for long.... :p ]

axtogrind
07-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Thank you! I see forumites have much in common, regardless of the subject matter. (At my 'usual' hangout, we love pictures, and usually it doesn't take long at all to ID something. :))

These are unremarkable. Wood veneer over mdf, "High Fidelity Speaker 75" "Shielded Magnets for Surround Sound"

http://www.keithupson.com/images/ala.jpg
http://www.keithupson.com/images/alb.jpg

And yes, that Sharpie does, in fact, say "$4.99" :D

Thanks!
Keith

axtogrind
07-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Should I maybe pull the drivers and take pics of the backs?

TIA,
Keith

Don C
08-01-2005, 08:10 AM
It's a Sparkomatic, and it's worth about $4.99

louped garouv
08-01-2005, 08:24 AM
in the little guys defense.... (as I found a pair locally as well and couldn't resist)... thay actually sound decent.... much better even than some of the vintage Bozak Bookshelf models that I have around the house, (although the need for new Bozak tweeters may explain the differences) (M-80B) -- not nearly as good as my A7s or M19s though! ;)

for $5, good snag.... I will prolly use them as rear fill in HT when I get around to that project.... (ALtec M19s up front, Altec (sparko) M75 rear, what to use for Altec center channel???) and have the M19s set up for stereo music operation on a seperate (pre)amp combo....

Lancer
08-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Are the M-80B's the only Bozak's you have?

Should I maybe pull the drivers and take pics of the backs?Sure! If you offer, we'll take you up on it!