PDA

View Full Version : DC 101 Chili Cookoff

pelly3s
07-29-2005, 05:37 AM
Well I see everyone posting stuff about their travels and it makes my life look boring. Here are a couple of pictures from the DC 101 Chili Cookoff a little while ago. It was a good time, I tour manage and do sound for one of the bands that played. While I was at house position I never bothered to look behind me to see how many people there really were and when I got finished and got to the stage I was like Holy Sh**

louped garouv
07-29-2005, 05:47 AM
I went to a simmilar event last summer.... great time, good tunes, and free food (but the chilli wasn't free :( )

I really would like DC better w/o the humidity :D

pelly3s
07-29-2005, 05:53 AM
Im from New England so Im used to humidity. The whole time I was there, even in the tent back stage I didnt see a single bowl of chili. You think they would have brought the bands some. Oh well, the beer was free thats all that really mattered that day. DC is hell trying to get a tour bus around. We are supposed to be playing some festival at the end of August in Telluride. I have no clue what the name of it is or what the date is at this time.

louped garouv
07-29-2005, 06:43 AM
Cool -- Telluride is a cool little mountain town..... the resorts on the other end of the gondola ride are just like vail/aspen though -- high $$$ (not that Telluride is cheap either really, but it still retains the mountain town charm)

on a Telluride tidbit.... last year during the Telluride Blues Fest, the cops set up a sign that said "Drug dog checkpoint ahead) -- then the local authorities proceeded to pull ppl over that: threw stuff out their windows (littering) or turned around (suspicious activity) -- the colorado courts ruled this kind of set up illegal -- there was no checkpoint
Yeah -- I grew up in New Orleans so I used to 'like' the humidity -- it's amazing how quickly you get used to the dry air.... ;)

Oldmics
07-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey Pelly

WadYa think of that Martin system?

Oldmics

pelly3s
07-29-2005, 09:49 PM
to me colorado doesnt have much air at all lol.... i love going there but it takes me a day or two to adjust.

oldmics, the martin system is so far the best thing i have ever used. I have worked on a lot of different rigs, but nothing like the martin. I guess the only thing I've ever heard that beats it is a Meyer. If I had the money I would buy the Martin boxes long before any Vertec box. The single 18 subs do what most double 18s cant do

louped garouv
07-29-2005, 10:25 PM
to me colorado doesnt have much air at all lol.... i love going there but it takes me a day or two to adjust.

very typical comming from basically sea level... if you can get ahold of an oxygen tank, it will help..... on the reverse side.... when I get down to sea level, I can put ALOT of whiskey down w/o batting an eye... :D pretty funny when we have get togethers in FL (for me at least).

pelly3s
07-30-2005, 05:34 AM
The first time I ever went there was to play a show at Copper Mountian, and the first night I was there we drank so much and didnt realize it until we tried to stand up. it was a really long walk back to the hotel rooms