PDA

View Full Version : Russian Far East - Amur Region

boputnam
07-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Not the best suite of pictures, but before my camera failed, I caught some of the trip to visit some gold prospects in the Russian Far East.

First, some views of Blagoveschensk, our departure city, and across the river, a bustling and newly built China. Guess who's economy is overheated...? :blink:

boputnam
07-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Not kidding.

boputnam
07-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Some views of how tough the struggle is - this is a year-round encampment...

And yes, the driver stuck that "6 x" - never seen that done before. But I've never seen this kinda bog. It was basically a peat bog, locally frozen where they tried to drive across it. When it thawed, it was bottomless...

boputnam
07-28-2005, 05:12 PM
First, is a shot of the exterior of the Ministry of Resources building - the facade had been renewed.

Nest, is an example of the internal wiring there. It is everywhere just like this. There is no money for anything... :(

Finally, the loo, in the Ministry of Resources. There are no loo seats, anywhere in the region. It seems they never got ordered. I guess the bricks are to squat on and hover over the bowl. :o:

As my very proud, and incredibly well educated Russian friend informed me: "It's Russia, man - you have to keep your sense of humor or it will get to you. We will get through this." He is damned right - I am certain they will. :applaud:

boputnam
07-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Cheers to you, Nicolaj!! A truly great explorer... :yes:

louped garouv
07-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Finally, the loo, in the Ministry of Resources. There are no loo seats, anywhere in the region.

As my very proud, and incredibly well educated Russian friend informed me: "It's Russia, man - you have to keep your sense of humor or it will get to you. We will get through this." He is damned right - I am certain they will. :applaud:

kinda like a hybrid b/t the western models and the hole in the ground stoop ones.....

I am sure they will as well -- I have heard some of the late 70,s early 80,s Russian analogue synths -- they really hold their own against the Moogs (keep on the watch for polyvox, RITM-2 -- i'll get you some of the other model sas well.... if you want..... great sounding analogue gear, all mil-spec, but the labels are all cryllic :( )

glad your world travels are going well.....

Lancer
07-31-2005, 09:24 AM
Some views of how tough the struggle is - this is a year-round encampment...

And yes, the driver stuck that "6 x" - never seen that done before. But I've never seen this kinda bog. It was basically a peat bog, locally frozen where they tried to drive across it. When it thawed, it was bottomless...Yeah, I can't find the picture of German Panzers being defeated wholesale by the Russian weather. Here's a Tiger on the move once the ground froze.

Guido
07-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey Bo!

What you're doing in Russia? That's my territory ;)

Did you fly russian planes? Tell us about the "how to get there"

Oh, your Russia/China A/B is great!