PDA

View Full Version : Bolting on 125A's?

New At This
07-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I've just done a resurround to the 125A woofers on a pair of Decade 36's. Unfortunately, when I got them, the woofers were out and ready for repair, and the bolts that bolt them to the boxes were gone.

Does anyone know what size(s)/kind(s) of bolts or screws that would work here I could ask for at the hardware store?

Thanks.

edgewound
07-18-2005, 03:24 PM
The tee nuts in the baffle are 10/32 machine screw threads. The stock screws are a phillips/fillister head machine screw, about 1.5" long or so.

Edgewound

New At This
07-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks, Edgewound...

GordonW
07-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Interestingly enough, the same size screws that fit rack-mount rails also fit JBL T-nuts. Somehow, I'm betting that's not totally coincidental. :hmm:

Though, as EW mentioned, you'll need the fillister head, for the screw head to be small enough to fit properly into the recesses in the speaker frame...

Regards,
Gordon.

LE15-Thumper
07-19-2005, 07:08 AM
I've just done a resurround to the 125A woofers on a pair of Decade 36's. Unfortunately, when I got them, the woofers were out and ready for repair, and the bolts that bolt them to the boxes were gone.

Does anyone know what size(s)/kind(s) of bolts or screws that would work here I could ask for at the hardware store?

Thanks.

http://www.smithfast.com/trussrndfill.html#fillister

Learn something new everyday