PDA

View Full Version : LX-4 Network Caps/Rework?

Alan Fletcher
07-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Greetings all...

The saga continues with my Lancer/Athena 99 debacle. I've decided to hold off on doing anything with the rattling left-side LE-14a driver, as it seems to be behaving better with more use.

And so, last night I decided to pull the other LE-14a and rotate it to its correct position. While I had the driver out, I decided to pull the aluminum cover plate off the LX-4 xover. Curiouser and curiouser. What I saw was not really that surprising, a couple of paper caps and a couple of xformers, with something else living behind these items which I could not see too clearly.

So, after all this drivel, on to the question... could these benefit from a re-cap? :blink:

Thanks,

-Alan

Lancer
07-17-2005, 03:43 PM
could these benefit from a re-cap? :blink:Absolutely! :yes:

Some might argue the LE20 isn't worth the trouble but I'd do it anyway.

Alan Fletcher
07-18-2005, 06:19 AM
Ok, why would the tweeter not be worth it? Garbage in, garbage out, right?

Where can I get the values? I don't think they are marked on the caps... is there a schematic available?

-A

johnaec
07-18-2005, 07:25 AM
... is there a schematic available?http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/SC99%20ATHENA%20ts.pdf

John

Alan Fletcher
07-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks, John.

I would've searched for hours and still not found that!

Thanks a million!

johnaec
07-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Thanks, John.

I would've searched for hours and still not found that!

Thanks a million!Thanks to "former" member Giskard for posting those links, (may he rest in peace...) ;)

John

Alan Fletcher
07-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Woah...

A moment of pause... Literally.

My sincere condolences go out to Giskard's friends and family, from the East Coast.

I had no idea... :(

-A

johnaec
07-19-2005, 08:26 AM
Woah...

A moment of pause... Literally.

My sincere condolences go out to Giskard's friends and family, from the East Coast.

I had no idea... :(

-A:p NO, no, no - all I meant was "May he rest in peace, (from the stress of the forums for a while)"!! I have it on good word he is not yet "dearly departed"... ;)

John

Alan Fletcher
07-19-2005, 11:30 AM
oh. :blink: