PDA

View Full Version : Hartsfield coffin back vs. toploader???

rloggie
07-11-2005, 07:10 PM
I've been under the impression that these two versions of this speaker differ in the way the woofer is installed but that the horn chambers are almost if not exactly the same. Would someone please enlighten me about the differences in these two versions? :blink:

whgeiger
07-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I've been under the impression that these two versions of this speaker differ in the way the woofer is installed but that the horn chambers are almost if not exactly the same. Would someone please enlighten me about the differences in these two versions? :blink:

RL,

See

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/profiles/jbl/hartsfield.htm

Regards,

WHG

JUNGLECATGEORGE
09-13-2012, 02:44 PM
i like the hartsfield top loader..it is a mean thing to build..but great sound

Krunchy
09-14-2012, 06:34 AM
Thats a nice looking cabinet my friend :applaud:, looks complicated too. Are you going to veneer it?
Good luck with it, cant wait to see it when its finished.

JUNGLECATGEORGE
11-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Thats a nice looking cabinet my friend :applaud:, looks complicated too. Are you going to veneer it?
Good luck with it, cant wait to see it when its finished.its just getting stained...sounds great

JUNGLECATGEORGE
11-07-2012, 05:02 PM
big diference the new cabinet has forward facing woofer and not as long a horn path the old cab has the woffer facing down and forward though a longer path

JUNGLECATGEORGE
12-21-2012, 10:35 AM
i've been under the impression that these two versions of this speaker differ in the way the woofer is installed but that the horn chambers are almost if not exactly the same. Would someone please enlighten me about the differences in these two versions? :blink:

these two speakers old and new are vastly diferent.

Ruediger
12-21-2012, 10:47 AM
i like the hartsfield top loader..it is a mean thing to build..but great sound

are they properly placed? Shouldn't they divide the outer horn sections along the symmetry line? At half the angle of the top horn boundary?

Regards
Ruediger

JUNGLECATGEORGE
01-24-2013, 09:34 PM
are they properly placed? Shouldn't they divide the outer horn sections along the symmetry line? At half the angle of the top horn boundary?

Regards
Ruediger

thanks for the advise.looks are somewhat decieving at times...they are finished with chestnut stain and varnish now they look and sound great