PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Cavalryman40
07-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi, I have been lurking on this site for a while, its great. I am a low budget stereo nut, which makes finding JBL's kind of difficult. Anyway, my current system is a Marantz 2220B with a Yamaha CDC-96, and two JBL J320A's. I picked up the Marantz on ebay for $100, with a wood cabnet, the CD player was $5 at a garage sale, and the JBL's were $20 at a garage sale. I did run across a mint pair of JBL L-200B's at a garage sale about two months ago. I was five min late, and I could have had them. And they sold for $250 for the pair. I thought I was going to throw up.Oh well, I guess its a reason to keep looking, the stuff is still out there. Anyway, great site with a lot of well informed posters. Thanks for all the great info.

Titanium Dome
07-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Enjoy your stay.

That's a heartbreak on the L200Bs. Keep looking. Eventually something big will break for you. :yes:

Zilch
07-10-2005, 10:17 PM
I thought I was going to throw up.Oh well, I guess its a reason to keep looking, the stuff is still out there.Sounds like you did good on the J320A's, tho. We look forward to seeing you report even better "scores" here in the future. :bouncy:

[Nothin' we like better. Nope, nope....]

Box
07-11-2005, 01:20 AM
I did run across a mint pair of JBL L-200B's at a garage sale about two months ago. I was five min late, and I could have had them. And they sold for $250 for the pair. I thought I was going to throw up.

:barf:

What part of the world are you in?
Im wondering what are my chances of finding such hidden gems.:hmm:

johnaec
07-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Sounds like you did good on the J320A's, tho.I have a set of J320A's that I've loaned to a friend of mine. Interestingly, their crossovers have bypass caps as factory stock.

John

Cavalryman40
07-11-2005, 07:24 AM
:barf:

What part of the world are you in?
Im wondering what are my chances of finding such hidden gems.:hmm:

Las Vegas, we have some pretty good garage sales here. I also have a Marantz 4430 I picked up at one, for $40. Cleaned the pots, it works great. I think there are about a dozen guys around town that look for the hi-fi stuff on a consistant basis. I see them all the time. You just have to be first on the spot to get the deals.

Zilch
07-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Las Vegas, we have some pretty good garage sales here.Please update your profile to display your location in your posts. It's hard to remember where everybody is. :)

Las Vegas, huh? We know who's hosting our next Lansing Heritage get-together now! :D

For good deals on vintage JBL, start watching your local Craigslist every day:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/