PDA

View Full Version : Lunch Fix

Regis
07-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Who here has ran home at lunch time so they can get a JBL fix? Twice this week, zipped the 15 minutes to the house, taking an extra half hour or so, so I can feed the JBL jones. Kind of nice, as nobody is at home in the neighborhood and I can turn the volume almost halfway up.

The L-300's continue to amaze. The surrounds have broken in and now the bass is disco-gut-punching loud. This is to test the recapping of the right channel power supply, last night on the Sansui G-22000. Had to replace nearly all the caps on the right power supply board as they were leaking electrolytic. The amplifier section is actually dual mono-blocks in a single chassis. Each side even has it's own 120v glass fuse, plus about six other glass fuses on each board! Even the relays are separate! No problem with power or lack thereof. Plenty to go around and it's damn near overwhelming at times.

Better too much, than too little...:D

Guido
07-08-2005, 02:55 PM
I did it too, I did it too :bouncy:

Titanium Dome
07-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Many times.

It is a great time to turn them up. :applaud:

Maron Horonzakz
07-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Your all sick & will have to go through Detox therapy.

yggdrasil
07-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Home office rules. :D

Mojo
07-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Who here has ran home at lunch time so they can get a JBL fix? Twice this week, zipped the 15 minutes to the house, taking an extra half hour or so, so I can feed the JBL jones. Kind of nice, as nobody is at home in the neighborhood and I can turn the volume almost halfway up.

I do it at least a couple of times a week. I go back to work with a big smile on my face. Good way to beat stress!

Mojo

Titanium Dome
07-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Your all sick & will have to go through Detox therapy.

I saw that this was becoming a problem. When I couldn't get home, I would become cross and the afternoon would become interminable.

There had to be a way to cope with the addiction.

I took two JBL L7s to work and set them up in my office.

Problem solved. :yes:

clmrt
07-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I took two JBL L7s to work and set them up in my office.

Problem solved. :yes:

What's the general reaction?

Titanium Dome
07-11-2005, 08:48 PM
What's the general reaction?

Or, important facts I left out.

1) I have a private office that's about 20x30 with 12 ft. ceilings.
2) My office is on one side of the building, not sharing any common walls with other offices.
3) Two walls are outside walls, another is next to the server room, and the fourth adjoins the central foyer reception area.
4) The lunch room is three rooms away, so lunchtime is a good time to listen.
5) I usually work later than anyone else, so much of my listening takes place then.
5) And, oh yeah, I'm the boss. :p

(I know, I know: smug bastard.) :scold:

Maron Horonzakz
07-13-2005, 07:13 AM
DOME....The boss....As a bean counter I eliminated my boss,s position. I,m proud of that.:D

Box
07-13-2005, 07:26 AM
You guys are gonna get people in trouble with their neighbors. Some neighbors work nights and sleep during the day. I bet the sleepy ones will let you know who they are if you are fortunate enough to have a pair of L300's or something of the like. My tired 4311's arent big enough to bother anyone anyway.:(

clmrt
07-13-2005, 07:46 AM
I'm going home today to see what I can do to introduce the neighbors to my 4628's.

And to enjoy a home-made PBJ.:applaud:

BooBoo Magoo
07-13-2005, 07:53 AM
My tired 4311's arent big enough to bother anyone anyway.:(They get dangerous when they travel in packs...

Sonic
07-13-2005, 12:52 PM
You guys are gonna get people in trouble with their neighbors. Some neighbors work nights and sleep during the day. I bet the sleepy ones will let you know who they are if you are fortunate enough to have a pair of L300's or something of the like. My tired 4311's arent big enough to bother anyone anyway.:(

looking for adresses of the neighbors that work at night:D

whgeiger
07-13-2005, 01:43 PM
To All,

Only a fine line separates the tendencies towards hedonism from those towards masochism.

So, enjoy the ‘strong’ music for as long as your ears can sustain it, sans the pain and suffering that precedes an enduring quietude.

Regards,

WHG

clmrt
07-13-2005, 01:52 PM
90db peak for 15-30 min is OK. Otherwise it's 75 or less....

scott fitlin
07-13-2005, 01:54 PM
I go to work, I get my JBL fix, over and over and over, all day and all nite!

They tell me when Im in the building they can feel bass vibrations up to two blocks away!

I love going to work!

:applaud: