PDA

View Full Version : More new blood

Aussie Pete
07-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi everybody from Australia, have only just stumbled across this forum and being a long term JBL nut just had to join in, will take me days to wade through all the info, but I look forward to it. I am also a convert from Tannoy to JBL, after working for a local PA hire company in the 70's and being expose to this gear it had me convinced from day 1. At home I run a pair of 4430's bi -amped with 2 BDW250D's bridged for each of the bottom ends and a JBL MPX300 for the HF. Was running a JBL 5235 FDN but have temporarily replaced it with a BSS FDS360 Linkwitz Riley 24db/octave filter network, also have an Aphex 204 Aural Exciter in line as well. I will never forget the first day I listened to these and I'm still impressed. And after a while you sort of take them for granted until you get a chance to show them off to somebody new, then watch their eyes light up, then it reminds me again. I have the opportunity soon I hope to buy a set of 4435's from a studio that is updating so I am looking forward to that but I just cant bring myself to offload the 4430's, however I think my wife may have a say in that !!

Ken Pachkowsky
07-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Its a great place for everything JBL. Enjoy

Ken

Robh3606
07-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Welcome! You have a few neighbors about on the site.

Rob:)