PDA

View Full Version : required volume for le10h-1?

lee2158
07-04-2005, 10:28 AM
:blink: Looking for the reqiured volume and whether sealed or ported is best for le10h-1 drivers. Also I would like to know specs like range and required power for best performance. JBL says they're too old to look up.....

speakerdave
07-04-2005, 10:56 AM
There are a range of options; your choice would depend on preferences in enclosure size and whether you are after maximum bass extension or a tighter, punchier sound.

Here are some pages from the 1975 JBL speaker building kit. Check the first chart page.

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/plans/1970s-kit.htm

David

lee2158
07-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the scans! As far as intended use...well, crazy as it sounds, I'm thinking of enclosing between floor joists and putting ducts (like hvac air guides)in the living room floor for drivers, and putting satellite speakers up toward the ceiling in the corners of my living room. The room is such that there's no good place to put cabinets, and commercially available in-wall or in-ceiling speakers seem awfully cheesy and expensive. Since I've got these le10h-1's and a d140f just gathering dust, I thought I'd explore putting them to use....Advise whether this is a waste of resources, or guide me toward better ideas. Thanks, Lee

Zilch
07-04-2005, 11:53 AM
LE10H-1's will make nice satellites, incorporated into a two- or three-way design. They won't get it by themselves.

D140F's are not a good choice for subwoofers. They'll sell for resonable $$$ on eBay. Check completed auctions there for the prices.

Somebody recently posted a link to subwoofer-in-the-floor projects here which you will likely find interesting. Perhaps another member remembers what thread it was in?

Val
07-07-2005, 04:08 PM
There is an interesting freeware program that you might want to look at. I'm modeling cabinets for my LE15A's right now. It had the Theile/Small parameters in it's database already for those old drivers. It has some cool feature where you can change the cab volume and see how the freq. response changes. It also helps with the port calculation.

This is my first time using this software so I don't yet know how well it will work! But it's got some cool features.

WinISD http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx I'm having best luck with the older non "Pro" version.