PDA

View Full Version : 4343B is playing

Rolf
06-30-2005, 12:11 PM
:D Hi all in the forum.

After boat trip from Norway to Denmark, and about 2500km (1560 miles) :blink: of driving to and back from Wurtzburg in Germany visiting our great forum member Guido I am pleased to tell you all that the 4343`s I bought from him now is playing GREAT in our living room.

After my hi-fi system was stolend :( earlier this year I have been scanning all over for a replacement of the 4333A`s, with no luck, until I managed to buy the 4343B`s from Guido.

The speakes where original painted in "Studio Grey". Guido had them fixed up and painted black. Not so bad. The plan is to make them in the original walnut finish, or a glossy black finish, depends what my better half prefer:p

I will keep you posted with pictures as the project is moving on. I just think that this was something that you all JBL loveres wanted to know.

Enjoy the music my friends. :applaud:

Rolf in Norway

Lancer
06-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Fantastic! :applaud:

Chas
06-30-2005, 12:21 PM
Wow, what a long trip, you are a true JBL nut! So, how do you like them compared to the 4333's?

Rolf
06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Wow, what a long trip, you are a true JBL nut! So, how do you like them compared to the 4333's?

Yes Chas..Have been a "JBL nut" since the early 70th.http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

How do I compare them with 4333? Well, since I only have listen to them about 10 hours I can't really tell yet, but they are much better all over. The low end is more powerful, the voices are clearer and have more defenition. The higher frq. is reproduced by the same components as in 4333, but Guido has replaced some caps, so the details is much better, softer and smoother the the original.

I have not set them up with the active crossover yet, but know that this will improve the sound even more. I promise I will give more details later.

Rolf

Guido
06-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Good to know all went well!

Also good to know that my "babies" found a good home :)

Have lots of fun with these speakers and let them ROCK :coolness:

PS: You need a new Avatar :p

Tom Loizeaux
06-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Rolf,
It's good to hear that those 4343s would up in a place where they will be appreciated! I love mine and don't see how my listening experience could be improved. I do run my bi-amped though.
Enjoy and care for these speakers, as they are "some of the greats" from JBL!

Tom

Mr. Widget
06-30-2005, 04:13 PM
That is a great JBL story... please keep us posted with your progress.

Widget

yggdrasil
06-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Congratulations. Nice upgrade in an unfortunate situation.

Rolf
07-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Also good to know that my "babies" found a good home http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

They could not have found a better home Guido

Rolf
07-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Rolf,
It's good to hear that those 4343s would up in a place where they will be appreciated! I love mine and don't see how my listening experience could be improved. I do run my bi-amped though.
Enjoy and care for these speakers, as they are "some of the greats" from JBL!

Tom

Hi Tom. Yes they are appreciadet...from me and my lovly wife who joined me in the trip. Love her