PDA

View Full Version : Refoam 2235H

leif
06-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi,
I have two 2235H that has rotten foam.
It is very expensive to recone the woofers, and I am considering buying a refoam set from www.speakerrepair.com (http://www.speakerrepair.com)
Is that a OK idea, or would you advice me not to do that?

Leif

Audiobeer
06-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Orange County did a pair of mine and they sound great!

Zilch
06-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Find Bo's "Step by step" refoam tutorial via "Search". All will be revealed.... :)

leif
06-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes I red it and it was very good. It looks very easy, but must just admit that I am very very dumb when it come to handwork, and am afraid I will mess things up.
Is it original JBL stuff that www.speakerrepair.com (http://www.speakerrepair.com) sell, or is it copies. Does it matter if it`s original or copies?

Leif

Zilch
06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
JBL does not sell foam surrounds, just complete cone kits, so any you purchase will be "aftermarket," not OEM. One supplier is highly recommended on the forum. Check previous threads for which.

I'd expect the ones from Orange County Speaker to be good, too. That company is often recommended here.

Refoaming is a good choice in your situation. It works out just fine in most cases....

Figge
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
im shure youŽll pull this off. as long as youŽre in no hurry once u start all will be fine. its pretty timeconsuming,

if you manage to drag the speakers from denmark through 2 airports, im shure this will be a piece of cake:)

and if all hell breaks loose...well then do the recone! at least you tried.

bo recomended rick cobb to me. iŽve used his rings twice. perfect fit every time

Flodstroem
06-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi leif

I live in Norway and I do re-foaming and I could do it if you dont want to do it yourself. (see my post with pictures for the 2231A refoamed)

I also have the right foams from Rick Cobb in stock.

Send me a privat message if you are interested

Regards

pentictonklaus
06-29-2005, 05:32 PM
I'd expect the ones from Orange County Speaker to be good, too. That company is often recommended here.

I tried to get foam for 136's from these guys a few days ago. The do not ship outside the U.S. Not even Canada. Pitty since their kits show the outer foam seals as well. I ordered from Rick who replied right away.

Dominic
01-16-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm kinda worried about keeping the foam centred on the cone. Should i do it myself or send it out?