PDA

View Full Version : Midrange Nirvana

Neoman
06-25-2005, 01:05 AM
Confession,
I have one LE5-5 from Ebay ariving soon, cost 33.00 out the door. I can here the audible frequency differance on having mismatched drivers in my 4313 Pro Monitors with one original Le5-9 Edgewound voice coil mid and Le5-12 mid I was using as a replacement for blown Le5-9 midrange. The only diff between my newly purchased LE5-5 edgewound coil mid and LE5-9 original will be having the inverted paper cone dust cap.

Think it would be wise to remove the inverted paper cone dust cap from the Le5-5 and replace it with the alluminum "looks like black Mylar to me" center dust cap from the old blown LE5-9? " I've removed it anyway"

Should be interesting to see who wins the extended listening battle? The 4313bPro Monitors with one LE5-5 and one LE5-9 original midrange or the 4313 Pros with two "Gee what are you guys doing here?" matching EXTRA Le5-12s

Mabe someone can help by posting a list of all electronics to test or replace?

Two many questions? "The Le5 saga will continue after these messages" :bs:

boputnam
06-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Go here: http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5706&highlight=LE5 for more intrigue...

Found it with Search "LE5" :applaud:

DavidF
06-25-2005, 06:36 PM

Think it would be wise to remove the inverted paper cone dust cap from the Le5-5 and replace it with the alluminum "looks like black Mylar to me" center dust cap from the old blown LE5-9? " I've removed it anyway"
:bs:

The aluminum domes are available from JBL Pro. Part # 51868 and about $1.75. Go to the Order Parts list at JBLPRO.COM under customer service.

DavidF