PDA

View Full Version : hartsfield up grade ?

kartsmart
06-18-2005, 05:25 AM
I have a pair of tad 1602 16" bass drivers and is wanting to corner horn load them. was woundering if anyone out there has tried using the TAD 1602's in the hartsfield set up . and how much altering would have to be done to the horn throut and back chamber to do this properly.I would be building them from scratch and wishing to get the horn FL lower,increasing mouth size for todays audio music. if there is any horn experts out there that would like to coment on this project PLEASE do so. thanks

Regis
06-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Try a search on the "General" and "Technical Help" forum using "Horns" or Horn as the search word. There's more than a few members (including Zilch and Matthias) that are building their own custom horns and some of the technical details and photos might give you a clue as to how to figure out the parameters.

Mr. Widget
06-18-2005, 10:17 AM
If you don't get any direct replies in this area, you might try a PM to oldmics, he's is a busy guy, but he knows more about Hartsfields than anyone else I am aware of.

Alternatively send an e-mail to these folks, I believe they have used TADs in their reproduction Hartsfields.
http://www.classicaudiorepro.com/

Widget