PDA

View Full Version : Vexed!!

lpd
08-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Ok, I can't take it anymore. I have reduced the intermittent horn in my 4333 cab to the bi-amp switch inside. I have cleaned it, made sure the blades contact as well as possible, but notice a problem. When I have a source playing through the horn it appears to produce less output than the other. When I touch the blades of switch (designated to the horn) or touch the surface the blades sweep across more output. The moment I remove the slot screwdriver, less output:banghead: I had heard of hardwiring, but am unsure how to do so. Can I hardwire just the horns? How do I attempt this?

Thanks for your patience in my insanity!!!!

Peter

Robh3606
08-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Can you just solder a jumper or make an aligator clip jumper, just crimps no solder, between the wired terminals to short/ the switch contacts?? Just use the jumper to make the contact instead of the switch contacts??

Rob:)

Tom Loizeaux
08-16-2003, 03:28 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, the contact path on these INTERNAL / EXTERNAL rotary switches run the signal to one side of a contact input or the other. Decide which mode you want the speakers to be in, set the switch that way, look at which contacts are supposed to be closed, and jumper these together (or solder a jumper wire). If the contact works, no herm done, but if the contact was bad, the jumper will carry the signal through the switch correctly.
If you are really stuck, let me know, and I can look up in my notes which contact feeds the 2420 drivers.
Hope this helps.

Tom
[email protected]

Robh3606
08-16-2003, 03:51 PM
This might help too

Rob:)

lpd
08-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys!!! I pulled the switch right out of the cabinet, fully cleaned it, made sure all contacts were solid and replaced. I didn't have the time to test as the baby is sleeping, but I will post the outcome later. Could the capacitor be leaky?