PDA

View Full Version : Unfair!

Cyclotronguy
06-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Looking at the latest copy (volume 155) of Stereosound (Japan) we see JBL 4338, S 143MkII in review as current product. An in depth evaluation of the JBL 4343 and it's crossover; a D44000 Paragon showcased. Bell Wood Lansing cloning JBLish product and a plethora of really great vintage JBL at the turn of most any page. As per usual

Anyone wanna translate?:banghead:

Cyclotronguy

Ian Mackenzie
06-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi,

Email me a copy..l'll look up someone on our mulitlingual list at work.

Ian

edgewound
06-13-2005, 05:19 PM
I was at a CES show a few years back, and on display was a PERFECT, new looking large format 43xx studio monitor...don't remember the exact model...maybe a 4333. Anyway, the explanation I got from the Harman rookie on the floor was that the US market doesn't warrant making these anymore for US consumption....he said they'd be priced at about $10,000 a pair....wouldn't sell here....and he's probably right! I think you'll find lots of great vintage legacy style products overseas....esp in ASIA....and the Harman marketers will take advantage of the nearly tooling-cost-free cash flow. At the same show, in a hidden room, were the Tik line of speakers...Harman was still trying to decide if the US market was worthy for this high end stuff and the astronomical prices. How long did the L100 Century Golds last at $5000.00/pair?....Hhhmmmm...

Any thoughts?