PDA

View Full Version : Western Electric horn plans

amorgen
06-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Hello all,
I would like some help about making real a dream of mine. I would like to realise a pair of these western electric we15a horns. The first step to build it is to find the plans. I ask everywhere and I ask to everybody. Who could provide me these plans? Are they available? And what about a copyright on it?

Thanks for answering. Amorgen.

Marty
06-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Hello all,
I would like some help about making real a dream of mine. I would like to realise a pair of these western electric we15a horns. The first step to build it is to find the plans. I ask everywhere and I ask to everybody. Who could provide me these plans? Are they available? And what about a copyright on it?

Thanks for answering. Amorgen.

Copyright ? I wouldn't worry.

Mouth = 4' 9" x 4' 9"
Height = 5' 10.5"
Depth = 4' 5"
Weight= 150 lbs
Horiz = 40 degrees
Vert = 60 degrees
Driver= 555W Receiver

Steve Schell
06-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi Amorgen,

The old ERPI literature only provided basic exterior dimensions of their horns, to assist in planning an installation. I also have a photocopy of a page from a Japanese hi fi magazine containing a drawing of the 15A that details the interior horn dimensions at frequent intervals along its length. If you write to me at [email protected] I will send you scans of this info.

JohnK
06-16-2005, 03:32 PM
The 15 would probably be the simplest one to reproduce, since it is fabricated primarily from bent plywood. But, it would still be a major piece of carpentry.
The earlier ones, 12, 13 were fabricated from short segments of wood, NO perpendicular cuts!
I don't know how you would fashion the curved cast iron throat section however.