PDA

View Full Version : JBL Paragon

mbottz
06-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Would any one out there be willing to help me out with detailed dimensions and pictures for the Ranger Paragon? I am a private custom furniture builder and I have been restoring the L-100's and 4312's and other L-series for quite some time. I just can not stand to see these classics parted out on e-bay.

My next project (hopefully with help from the JBL community) is to build an accurate working scale Replica of the Awesome JBL Paragon for my personal use. Throughout the process I plan to document the process with pictures and when complete have the dimensions and plans professionally drawn in CAD to preserve for future generations of JBL fanatics. (throughout my exaustive search it is my understanding there are no known plans for the Paragon in existance) Once complete I will make the plans and details available (for no charge to any one which contributes by sending me helpful information) on CD. Probally a power point presentation when it is complete.

And if there is anyone out there which needs cabinet repairs or restoration for their JBL beauties please contact me at [email protected]. Most cabinets which are thought to be useless can be repaired to like new condition.

Thanks in advance

Mike

yggdrasil
06-08-2005, 12:15 PM
As far as I know, it will be possible to get complete drawings here. Look forward to more posts....

Zilch
06-08-2005, 12:29 PM
And if there is anyone out there which needs cabinet repairs or restoration for their JBL beauties please contact me at [email protected]. Most cabinets which are thought to be useless can be repaired to like new condition.It'd be helpful to know where you are. Enable location display in your profile, please....

Also, Paragon plans WERE published, and somebody sells 'em on CD.

Mr. Widget
06-08-2005, 01:30 PM
It'd be helpful to know where you are. Enable location display in your profile, please....

Ditto!

...and that goes for the rest of you to! :p

Widget

Mr. Widget
06-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks Mike... no need to be ashamed of being from the Lone Star State!

I mentioned your query to a fellow Forumite who has the info you need. I hope he'll pop in when he has a minute.

Widget

sonofagun
06-11-2005, 02:49 AM
Ditto!

...and that goes for the rest of you to! :p

Widget

Location?

Uhhh... :blink:

Location....hmmm...now let me see...hmmm

where AM I? :confused:

Uhhh....:blink:

lucfm
01-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Happy new year ! I left a link to Paragon plans in the " Minigon cabinet blueprints" thread. I think the dxf files that you may find in this german site will help you.

57BELAIRE
01-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Mike....you are cordially invited to make detailed measurements and drawings from mine...in S. Fl.....in return, help me construct the curved refractor panel

I have an 1/8 in sheet of Luan cut to specs ( I think it was Superbee who provided them from his measurements) set in place using the bottom slots as sort of a jig. Using this method I would need at least 4 or 5 sheets to replicate the thickness of the original panel...almost an inch?

Ideally, a single curved piece of plywood is what I need, but with my extremely limited knowledge in woodworking, this will have to do for now.

Any thoughts?

mbottz
01-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I have since acquired a set of drawings, which appear to be accurate for the paragon. I am still collecting parts and hope to have all of the parts I need by the Spring. I plan to start construction in March or April and would be open to working with you on confirming some measurements and possibly getting some detailed pictures for areas which I can not yet visualize.
I will also be able to help you recreate a front curved reflection panel at the same time I am building mine. PM me and we can discuss in further detail.
MB