PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming LE-85 thread

Regis
06-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Fellow LH member Steve Gonzales and his wife, were gracious enough to come down to my neck of the woods yesterday to help me out. Steve and I replaced the diaphragms in both motors with the upgraded D16R2421. He also helped me pull the horns out of the cabs, as it's best to have two people doing this (from experience, it is a major beyatch to do it by yourself, removing them is one thing, putting them back is quite another). We had a great time demo'ng the various speaker combo's in the house. Steve had a chance to listen to my roomie's highly modified L-150's and a before/after listen of various tracks on my L-300's. My roommate threatened to laugh loud and long if there wasn't a difference after we replaced the diaphragms. There was a good enough 'diff' that it made it well worth it. Steve's wife Terry (?, hope I'm spelling it right), took many great shots of the whole process and Steve is going to put together an educational thread soon on the diaphragm replacement. Both of them are great people and it was a pleasure spending an afternoon with them! Regarding the photo, Steve is on the left and I'm on the right.

Titanium Dome
06-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Ah, camaraderie!

What's wrong with Steve's lip?

Regis
06-07-2005, 12:14 PM
That's a mustache!

pmakres1
06-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Funny, this Steve doesn't really look like the same fellow as in the "L220/L222 Trio" thread. Of course, it's hard to tell not really seeing his face here. Steve, you better post your mug to clear this up! :D

Peter

Steve Gonzales
06-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks my friend, my wife and I had a great time!. We enjoyed the visit we took to the "Skunk Works" at Lockheed Martin. Seems that Regis and I share the same love of aviation too. I am soooooooo busy with a new job that I have so little time until this weekend. I have to cut my mop off too ;) . Regis has one hell of a fine Main System (L300/Sansui G-22000 MINT!!!!). His secondary system is no slouch either!. The addition of the 2214H's proved to be a HUGE improvement!. Those L150's ROCK!!. The bass is SLAMMING!. Not a bit muddy or boomy, just tight punchy DEEP LF PRESSURE WAVES. The new 2421 factory diaphragms also made a definate improvement in the midrange clarity in the L300's, I look forward to posting the process this weekend when I can catch up here on the LHS. Thanks again Regis, you are one of the nicest people I've met. Here is a picture for you all, two LHS friends. Peace, Steve G

pmakres1
06-07-2005, 09:56 PM
It's good to have a few more faces to go with the names around here! :applaud:

Steve Gonzales
06-07-2005, 11:29 PM
L300 friends, I'm gonna KEEP my L220/222's :) .

Ian Mackenzie
06-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Agreed,

Have Fun and Enjoy.

Can we have a happy snap with speakers given a new lease of life?

Ian

pmakres1
06-08-2005, 06:28 AM
L300 friends, I'm gonna KEEP my L220/222's :) .

I'd never give up my L220's either, but I must admit I sometimes wish I had room in one of my other setups (and in my wallet, of course!) for a pair of L300's! But alas, I just don't have the room in either...:(

Peter