PDA

View Full Version : Opinions solicited on some Bozaks

sonofagun
06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Had a chance to pick a pair of Bozak B-302A "Moorish" speakers in primo condition at a super cheap price! Wondering should I get them? Rather heavy to crate for shipping - probably put them out for local pickup only.

Opinions?

spkrman57
06-02-2005, 05:52 PM
If my memory serves me right, there is a 12" driver in a adapter for a 15" hole with the dual tweeters mounted in front of the woofer and a 6" midrange with a metal cone.

Crossovers are decent, not a "high-end" system, but nice just the same, efficiency in the lower 90's/

Ron

speakerdave
06-02-2005, 06:46 PM
I listened to a pair of these for a year or two back in the seventies. They are coherent and pleasant all-cone speakers, not very efficient, probably not very dynamic, although I can't really say because I was driving them with a fairly small amp. The woofer is heavy-coned in an infinite baffle. It supplies decent bass but not especially deep, as I remember, though there may have been limitations elsewhere in my system.

These speakers do not command a big price in the used market. In fact they are somewhat undervalued, in my opinion. Even if you get them cheap, I would not plan on a killing, if I were you. Might be better to buy 'em and give 'em to someone you know who really needs a decent pair of speakers.

David