PDA

View Full Version : rookie question ferro vs kapton

rjpitre
05-26-2005, 12:42 AM
i am going to purchase 4" speakers.either pyle plrl42 or ma audio ma hk40.i have to go with 4 inch, and i am looking for price/ quality. claer highs and hard base.another question is ,is pyle and ma audio quality speakers.any info would be a great help,since it has been a long time since i had a rockin system. btw i am using a sony cd player with a phosgate 60w amp. thanks ru

Mr. Widget
05-26-2005, 11:15 AM
I moved your thread out of the Technical area and put it here in our Off Topic area as it doesn't directly relate to Lansing products.

With luck someone will chime in with experience with either of these drivers. Most of us here do have a distinct JBL/Altec bias... but that said, many of us do have experience with a wide range of speakers and audio in general. I am guessing that you are inquiring about an automotive system?

"i am looking for price/ quality..." I guess I would say that in general Pyle fits the bang for the buck model you are after. I typically have gone a bit up market from there, but you can get pretty good performance from their drivers. This is general info as I am not familiar with the plrl42.

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of Audio Ma.

Good Luck and Welcome aboard!

Widget

rjpitre
05-27-2005, 09:09 AM
thanks for the reply.i didnt know about the jbl,lansing part.sorry. but money is tight for me right now.one day i would love to own another pair of jbls. 1989 was the last time and man did they rock.dont remember the model # but they had thick aluminum mounting plates.had 6x9 and 6 1/2. thanks again.russell

JuniorJBL
05-27-2005, 09:43 AM
There are almost to many speakers to say what is the best.
But the best thing you can do is to listen to all the pseakers in your price range and decide which one sounds best to you. Pyle is a very large oem speaker manufacturer and makes speakers for a bunch of companies.
Things to consider:
power handling
mounting options
crossovers

And always remember it is better to have more power than to underpower.:)
Shane