PDA

View Full Version : JBL DX-1 Crossover kits

pasadena
08-12-2003, 05:36 PM
I have ordered a pair of JBL DX-1 crossover kits for a pair of JBL XPL-200 speakers I have sourced to buy.

I belieive the DX-1 crossover kits comes with input and ouput cards made for particular speakers and if you changed your speakers you could get cards to match.

I want to know if I can still get these cards for the XPL-200 speakers, otherwise where I can get blank cards as I can source a schematic diagram to build up a card specific for the XPL-200's?

I know that JBL used to have blpan cards but were supposedly all bought up by DTS Labs. A former engineer from JBL has moved over to DTS Labs so I'm wondering what use does DTS Labs have with these cards?

Any inofrmation would be very useful.

Cheers
Mark

Don McRitchie
08-12-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm wondering what use does DTS Labs have with these cards?

Here's a hint:

http://www.audioheritage.org/images/misc/2003-tour/lht-2003-073.jpg

http://www.audioheritage.org/images/misc/2003-tour/lht-2003-074.jpg

http://www.audioheritage.org/images/misc/2003-tour/lht-2003-076.jpg

These pictures were all taken at the DTS headquarters. DTS is nearly an all JBL installation for their screening room and listening rooms as illustrated above. My guess is that the 4425MKII's in the theatre may be the primary use.

pasadena
08-12-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Don McRitchie
Here's a hint:

These pictures were all taken at the DTS headquarters. DTS is nearly an all JBL installation for their screening room and listening rooms as illustrated above. My guess is that the 4425MKII's in the theatre may be the primary use.

Don,

Thanks for your reply.

Huh, no wonder.......If DTS Labs use JBL equipment in their home theatre setup, Just shows how good JBL stuff is!!! :) and what can be achieved in a home setup :)

So what hope is there to obtain these input/output cards for the DX-1 crossover kits from JBL or anyone for that fact?

Surely, JBL must still be have these in stock collecting dust somewhere or at least make them? Can JBL provide you with diagrams for having these cards custom made?

You would think that if the JBL DX-1 crossover kits are still obtainable from JBL today, that would assume you can also get the cards for them, is this true and could you find out for me if possible Don? And, will JBL provide you with schematics to custom make certain cards for a certain speaker if you happen to get a hold of a blank/used input/output card?

Thanks for your help and the interesting pics?

Don McRitchie
08-13-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm afraid there is no one at JBL I could call to check the availability. My contacts are all in engineering and they have no knowledge of current JBL inventory.

My limited knowledge of the DX-1 is that it was developed for the XPL200 and hasn't been manufactured since. Somehow a few remained in inventory as recently as last year. However, it would appear that DTS has since cleaned them out. I doubt if they still had cards around or if they would make the schematics available.

pasadena
08-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Don,

The DX-1's JBL currently have in stock (which I purchased) are the same ones you're talking about that were available as of late last year or are they just still available but with only a few left?

Mark

Robh3606
08-18-2003, 07:50 AM
Here is a schematic. Don't know if it is good for the XPL200'S