PDA

View Full Version : front mount or rear mount

Andreaspaulsen
05-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Hello, my brain is apparently violently overtaken by Darth vader:barf: - thus I cannot comprend the jbl way of driver cutout in the front baffle.

Does "front mount" means that the driver is mounted in front of the baffle ?
or does it mean that the baffle is in front of the driver, so that the driver is effectively inside the box. ?

Cheers
Andreas

Hofmannhp
05-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Does "front mount" means that the driver is mounted in front of the baffle ?
or does it mean that the baffle is in front of the driver, so that the driver is effectively inside the box. ?
Cheers
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

front mounting means, that the driver is mounted on the front of the baffle, or you also can say from the outside of the box.
Sometimes the only way to mount the driver, when the box is complately closed, means....no screwable backplate. Pay attention...the mounting hole diameter differs in both mounting positions.

HP

Andreaspaulsen
05-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks HofmannHP I am well aware of the differences in the diameter of the cutout - It's definitively easier to REMOVE wood than to put it back on again :)

cheers
andreas

Robh3606
05-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Well you have front mount where you can see the woofer/driver frame with the frame above the baffle plane. The you have flush mount where there are recesses cut into the baffle so the frames are flush with the baffle plane. The you have rear mount where the driver is mounted inside the box on the backside of the baffle. Hartsfield comes to mind where the driver is seen through the a baffle plate that defines the throat area. The most common are the first 2.

Rob:)