PDA

View Full Version : Catchall thread for my Model 819A (Stonehenge I) repairs

Stonehenge Man
05-13-2005, 11:56 AM
I haven't got access to a camera yet, so this is this best description you can get right now.

Both woofers are torn, one was patched. The patched speaker has a working pot and knob, treble is not spectacular. The other had a broken shaft on the pot and no knob, and it barely makes a buzz at all (crossover troubles ahead):cooked:... These were definitely lost in a barn with a 32 V Zenith and a '73 Datsun pickup full of baling twine and steel beer cans:blink: but of course that will make it more :applaud: PHUN ;) won't it???

Someday MY computer will work, and then I'll post all my Altec rebuilding goodies. But B. Gates gave this box to the library so any attachments iss VERBOTEN 2day.

Later...

Stonehenge Man
05-23-2005, 01:53 PM
as the computer is back in whack and my friend is coming over today to take much better pix than I can muster:)

JBLnsince1959
05-23-2005, 02:11 PM
download those pictures as soon as you can... we'll be looking for them

Stonehenge Man
05-23-2005, 02:31 PM
download those pictures as soon as you can... we'll be looking for them

He'll be over later tonight with either the Mavica or the Fuji...wish he'd give me the Mavica, it's almost my birthday...

Stonehenge Man
05-26-2005, 02:18 AM
I haven't been at this for very long so it won't be earthshattering, yet anyway, these are the Stonehenges and some other builds I've worked on. This is only a test....

Stonehenge Man
05-26-2005, 02:29 AM
The Altec Threes will follow when I find the CD, then it's off to repair my namesakes! I hope that somebody saw the nice looking Sevens on eBay right now, as I don't have enough money if I want that Pioneer QX-8000 for my birthday next month! I can't afford the high end Brand P nor their speakers, which is why I'm using L33 cabs to build my own for the quad set and an SX-6000 (my favorites...can't explain but I love the black faced Pio and HK stuff a bit more somehow).

PS In case you're wondering, my landlords are griping about all my stuff and say it's a fire hazard, to which I tell them only the phone and a 38-12 Philco are even plugged in across the whole wall, and if THEY are so worried about their insurance inspector, the plywood walls are far worse hazards. All those dots say is if it works, doesn't work (most of it), or works but is unused.

PPS I hope you've noticed miniature tubes are committing suicide en masse lately, or a couple of good Airlines and the rest of the clock radios would be running and displayed better. I'm rearranging the living room anyway.

Later!

Steven

Stonehenge Man
05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Okay, I will get to find the CD with the Model Three cabs and get to posting those tonight and I'm still waiting to hear from 1-2 people about parts and repairs.

To be edited

Stonehenge Man
06-01-2005, 06:43 AM
I'm not sticking around either. Please finish killing all my posts for me.

JBLnsince1959
06-01-2005, 07:55 AM
Steven:

Bummer!!! I was waiting for the pictures so we could get cooking with this thread. Anyway, take care