PDA

View Full Version : MY BX_6_3A Mock up

LE15-Thumper
05-04-2005, 05:03 PM
I used a perf board with pretty good results. I am waiting for the 200k pots to come in to finish it. I tacked a couple of test pots in try it out and it worked perfect ! I used some Wima's and some 1% resistors. Digi-key had all the odd values in stock. I put the TL084 in a socket for ease of replacement.
Instead of running two output jacks I ran one with a Phase toggle switch. I didn't go to the trouble to complete the pre-outs as this application doesn't require it. It's not as pretty as a PCB design but I am fighting the clock on this project. I found the center of boost to be at 26hz. I am not sure if this is true to orig spec, but both my Sine generator and Sencore scope told me the same frequency. The variable crossover pot worked as expected. You have to wire this dual pot with the two resistive elements tied together at the "TOP" of their wipe to get clockwise-freq increase taper effect. I used 3 pin 7815 / 7915 regulators instead of zeners. The PS board is in the lid. The case is an old Blonder Tongue Mast Amplifier that I gutted. Worked pretty good.
Any other questions/ critiques are welcome.

4313B
05-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Excellent! :applaud:

"I found the center of boost to be at 26hz."

You're good to go!

pelly3s
05-04-2005, 06:32 PM
looks really good i wish i had time to build things

Zilch
05-04-2005, 07:18 PM
COOL! Now we're cookin' here! :p

How 'bout a little parts list spreadsheet with sources and costs for those others who might wanna build one?

Always good to know the bottom line. I'm guessin' $30, no?

It's just silly to pay big bucks for one....

LE15-Thumper
05-04-2005, 07:20 PM
looks really good i wish i had time to build things

Ask Giskard when I first proposed a possible kit to members:rolleyes: .....Only took me about 6 months to actually get to it !!! :spchless:

LE15-Thumper
05-04-2005, 07:26 PM
COOL! Now we're cookin' here! :p

How 'bout a little parts list spreadsheet with sources and costs for those others who might wanna build one?

Always good to know the bottom line. I'm guessin' $30, no?

It's just silly to pay big bucks for one....

Actually, the most expensive item is a nice fancy box to put it into :biting:

You can tell I spared no expense !:blink:

TL084 Op-amp (only one needed) is under a buck. I have the Digi-key part numbers for the odd ball resistor values. I used 1/4 Yageo types. Walll Pack trans need to be 11 to 16v AC ! Not a typical DC type.
Yeah, net cost well under $50.00 even with fancy jacks and Silver/Teflon wire as shown. I don't have schematic drawing software for the updated power supply. I am sure someone else on the forum knows how to draw it up. It's pretty basic.

pelly3s
05-04-2005, 08:31 PM
it took me 6 months to put a switch in a Wah pedal for my cousin, and its taken over a year for me to recone my 2235s. I never have time, although I might take the time to start to make things. I need something to take my mind off of things

Don Mascali
05-05-2005, 05:41 AM
Nice work.