PDA

View Full Version : LE8T or D208 for best full range driver

Wardsweb
08-04-2003, 10:20 AM
I'm thinking about building some back loaded horns and was considering using some JBL's vesus the new ideaology Fostex FE208EZ. So, my question is would either of these work well in a horn loaded cabinet?

Don McRitchie
08-04-2003, 11:22 AM
The LE8T is not meant for horn loading. However, the D208 was used backloaded in the original Hartsfield. It was a bit silly to use the massive Hartsfield corner-horn, loaded with one tiny D208. However, this is what was sold as the Hartsfield "Starter" system.

Charley Rummel
08-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Hi, everyone:

Out of curiosity, have any of the forum members ever heard the Hartsfield with the D208 package installed? Any comments?

Also, there are a number of rear-loaded horn designs which have been successfuly deployed over the years which use 8" and 10" drivers. Some of them are similar in concept to the "scoop" (like the c34, c43, c55, etc.) and others are designed to utilize the corner of the room (like the Hartsfield, EV Patrician, etc.). I don't have the information in arm's reach, but I believe the D208 TS parameters would very well qualify it for horn loading applications.

Like Don said, the LE8T wasn't meant for horn loading; it was intentionaly designed for bass reflex applications.

Regards,
Charley

Maron Horonzakz
08-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Yes I go back to the D-208 Hartsfield fieasco. Good midrange weak bass. I dont know what they were thinking. It was soon after the Dealer installed the upgrade kit for D150 & 375 with horn lens. No 075 was offered then.

Oldmics
08-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi Charley,As a guy who has had over 20 Hartsfields I have never seen the 208-DH kit or its installation on any units that I have owned or had a chance to listen and view.I do have a sales bulletin that mentions the D30208 system.In this brochure it states that when the D208 horn extension is used that the total horn length for the 8 inch speaker is over 10 feet.That should produce a nice low end for an 8 inch speaker.This particular option is still something that I am seeking in my Hartsfield hunt.Best regards,Oldmics

Maron Horonzakz
08-06-2003, 02:40 PM
Using the Patent drawings as reference, Im sure some one could make the horn kit. It would be a good project to go back to its infantcy

Maron Horonzakz
08-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Using the Patent drawings as reference, Im sure some one could make the horn kit. It would be a good project to go back to its infantcy

orvisk
10-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I would like to re-construct the hartsfield with a D208 driver. Where can I get exact measured plans for this?