PDA

View Full Version : Side vs. Bottom placement of Citation 7.4s

ooppalla
04-26-2005, 01:16 PM
I have a pair of 7.4s and a pair of 4425s that sit on top. To increase the height of the Horn (by about 3") to ear level, and to provide better listening when not seated, I have put the 7.4s on their side with the bass port on the upper left. I will need to EQ them again.
Any worry aside from the ugly feet sticking out on the right side of the woofers? Am I OK with the cabs on the carpet?
All input welcome
Thanks,
Don:blink:

Titanium Dome
04-26-2005, 01:39 PM
I participated in a thread on another site that addressed this issue, but it was a couple of years ago, and I might have been kicked out of the forum :hate-pc: by the moderators. Just kidding. I've never been kicked off, but that's easier to say than I forget where it was.

Anyway, the thread was full of bellicose opinion :argue: sniping :007: assaults :bash: sparring :duel: name-calling :nanana: flaming :flamer: rock throwing :thnkfast: scolding :scold: and general screwiness :screwy:

Titanium Dome
04-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Those who couldn't cope with it :duck: tended to blow up :bomb: knock their heads :banghead: disappear :slink: or self-destruct :shock:

Anyway, for those who made it to the end, the general consensus by about 60% to 40% was that the cabinet should not be on the floor. Placing one side on the carpet changes the cabinet's resonance and defeats the decoupling function of the feet. Or something like that.

If that's true, then I suspect placing a large, heavy object on the top might have some cabinet effect, too. However,:dont-know:

Zilch
04-26-2005, 02:08 PM
It doesn't matter. Sliding the cabinet sides on the carpet may scratch them, tho.

Replace the ugly feet with lingerie hooks.... ;)

ooppalla
04-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Replace the ugly feet with lingerie hooks.... http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/wink.gif
But I don't look good in... maybe I need to focus on a woman's forum... How to find Audiofonic Men age 49? that like lingerie... Hey I now have the hooks in the key listening trianglehttp://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/dancin.gif