PDA

View Full Version : SA-600 color scheme

tableradio
04-25-2005, 09:42 AM
hello all, this is my first post, i figured id ask the experts. i have a sa-600, the body is an army camo solid tybe green color(original), with wood end panels. i saw a gold face sa-600 go on ebay awhile back, they claimed the gold face was very rare, and it brought over a grand. normal silver face ones seem to bring 650-800$. mine is definitly not a silver face, it really stands out when stacked with silver 70's receivers ect. but it doesnt look 'gold' to me either. its kind of a washed out brass color. neither gold nor silver. my question is: was there certain chassis/body colors that went with certain color face plates? or was it random. the silver one i saw in person had a black chassis/body. i think i saw a brown/black faced one on ebay too. any info appreciated. thanks!

Zilch
04-25-2005, 10:03 AM
My SA600's are gold, SA660's black.

mike
04-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I used to own an SA600 and SA660 and I followed the market for them closely talking to collectors and exporters. Never have I encountered any variation in faceplate for either model. I did see an SA660 with a silver faceplate on Ebay recently but I doubt that it was original. Ebay sellers exaggerate and lie quite often about this kind of stuff.

Both the SA600 and SA660 can bring around a $1000 if you find the right buyer. The SA600 used silicon transistors and I believe the SA660 used germanium transistors.

Mike

tableradio
04-26-2005, 02:36 PM
i guess i was under the wrong impression about the faceplates/colors. thank you.

jan_slagman
03-11-2007, 05:08 PM
i guess i was under the wrong impression about the faceplates/colors. thank you.

Hi,

I think the colour of the front can be influenced by a lamp and especially from what angle it shines on the amplifier. That gold look might be caused by the colour of the lamp as well.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
The Netherlands