PDA

View Full Version : L220 instruction manual

Steve K
04-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Does anybody have a copy of the L220 instruction manual? Having purchased these big babies recently, I just want to know everything there is about them. I've tried the JBL website but downloads for this model were not available there. If it isn't too much trouble to ask, I'd appreciate if someone could post a copy of the IM here. Thanks.:)

Steve Gonzales
04-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Member pmakres1 might have this info. PM him and see if he is willing to do so.

hwirt
04-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Try this sight:

http://jbl.co.ve/home/product_support/default.asp?ProdId=L220&Submit=Submit

Heath

4313B
04-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Here's JBL's scan ...
Perhaps it's time to rescan with newer equipment and rebuild the pdf's...

4313B
04-18-2005, 07:26 AM
more

pmakres1
04-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Hello Steve K,

As Steve G. mentioned, I do have this info and would be happy to provide it. However, I tried the link that member hwirt provided and that works..kudos hwirt! You can also find the L220 brochure in the JBL library, though that one is for the earlier version that uses the LE14A Low frequency driver (12 lb magnetic assembly and 300 watt power capacity). The manual that hwirt's link takes you to is for the later version that uses the LE14H Woofer (18-5/8 lb magnetic assembly and 400 watt power capacity). I will post here also a spec sheet I have that is not found in the library-this one is also for the later version that uses the LE14H driver. (I don't know which you have). How can you tell which version you have? The surest way is to pull the woofer and look at the back, another might be to see if there is an "A" after the serial number that I believe designates the later version. Whichever version you have, you have a great speaker, and enjoy it!! :applaud: :applaud:

Best regards,

Peter M.

4313B
04-18-2005, 07:33 AM
I will post here also a spec sheet I have that is not found in the library-this one is also for the later version that uses the LE14H driver.Submitted to the Library over a year ago and has yet to be published. Maybe someday? :p

pmakres1
04-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Submitted to the Library over a year ago and has yet to be published. Maybe someday? :p

That would be good if it did, for the specs on the later version.

Peter

4313B
04-18-2005, 07:45 AM
That would be good if it did, for the specs on the later version.

PeterTalk to Don, the backlog is enormous... we've got so many submissions in it's insane. :nutz:

4313B
04-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Another

4313B
04-18-2005, 07:46 AM
more

pmakres1
04-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Talk to Don, the backlog is enormous... we've got so many submissions in it's insane. :nutz:

I'll bet!:yes:

4313B
04-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Peter - if you've got the original manual in great shape and care to scan it that would be great, especially if we can do a better job with the graphics. I'll think about digging out all my owner's manuals and scanning them. Huge job... we could put the manuals in the tech section as opposed to the Library.

pmakres1
04-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Peter - if you've got the original manual in great shape and care to scan it that would be great, especially if we can do a better job with the graphics. I'll think about digging out all my owner's manuals and scanning them. Huge job... we could put the manuals in the tech section as opposed to the Library.

Although my L220's are the later (LE14H) version, I didn't get the manuals for them-I had to order them from JBL. The manuals I received are indeed for the original (LE14A) version. I will dig them up, scan them and post them shortly.

Peter

Edit: I scanned the manual that I have for the early version but for some reason my scanner is giving me rather poor results. Some pages okay, some not really legible. But the manual is essentially the same, the main difference being that the early version has the LE14A, with the 12 pound magnetic assembly, and the overall system power capacity was 300 watts RMS.

Steve Gonzales
04-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Danka Giskard!!! Been lookin' for that baby for a good long while. :D

Steve K
04-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Gee, you people are just fabulous! Thanks!:D
I'm in Tokyo, Japan, and I can speak/read/write Japanese, so if there's anything I can do to help you in matters related to over here, just let me know. I'll do my best. I'm a big JBL fan, but not knowledgeable at all in their products' technical aspects, so I can't help much in that area...but maybe in time?
Arigatou gozaimasu!